problem with deinterlacing Live-TV (HD) in Gotham
I installed Gotham on my Windows 7 SP1 HTPC with dvbviewer PVR-Addon for Live-TV.
The newsticker in every news channel (HD 1080i) stutters, no matter what settings i use for deinterlace (Auto / Inactive / Active - DXVA bob / best) or the scaling options.
When i deactivate and activate the deinterlacer, I see a difference, so it works, but not as it should.
The Picture looks very bad in Live-TV overall. It's not really sharp and a little grainy.

Is there a Problem with Gotham's deinterlacer?

I'm using a Digital Devices Cine S2 with DVBViewer recording service as backend and a NVIDIA 550Ti.

After downgrading to 12.3 everything looks perfect again.
I've seen the same problem which started with gotham rc1 (gotham beta4 runs fine). As far as I know it only affects nvidia gpus.

Maybe there's a dev who can shed some light on it.
Do you see a difference between dxva and dxva-hd? this video is good for testing: http://samples.ffmpeg.org/MPEG2/interlaced/burosch2.mpg
Thanks for leading me in the right direction: There is no difference between DXVA and DXVA-HD, but when I disable DXVA2 everything works as expected. Has there been a change regarding this switch?
hmm, this is odd because deinterlacing is done in render stage by DXVA or DVXA-HD renderer. This is still active if you disable dxva2 decoder.
you disabled dxva2 decoder and set deinterlace method to dxva best?
With DXVA2 activated there's no difference between the deinterlacing methods (all look terrible), but turning off deinterlace shows that there is something happening with the picture. When I deactivate DXVA2 I see a difference in the picture when I change the deinterlacing method. Currently all my settings are set to 'auto', which gives me quite a good picture.
Similar problem here

When watching an interlaced 60fps video like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1JXHb-Qlv0

On Gotham 13.2 With DXVA2 enabled I get 30fps output with bad artifacting, I got a really nice 60fps picture in Frodo 12.3.

With DXVA2 disabled, the software deinterlacer does a good job producing a smooth 60fps image.

I also have an nvidia card
is this a bug?

I have an AMD GPU and Picture at 1080@25 stutters no matter what.

I could fix it when playing 24p content. However Live-TV remains a bitch. Watching a game of football (=soccer) is impossible this way.

I have Windows 8.1 running and I am completely lost.

Hope to here some responds.

btw.: Up until FRODO it never was an issue. Perfect and smooth as it should be.

Thank you
DXVA is currently under construction and gets lots of fixes ....
ah, good to here it is already a known issue,

and I thought it might have something to do with the audio engine.

So no live tv till it's fixed. Sad
you can volunteer for testing nightlies next week Smile
sure, I am happy to help. It's really a major issue.

Should have high priority in the community.
Currently - there is no issue at all. Cause nobody has seen your Debug Log for now.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
yeah cause I am the ONLY one having the Problem.

you know what? DON'T fix it, who cares ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem with deinterlacing Live-TV (HD) in Gotham0