Amlogic m8 android 4.4 xbmc plays audio but no picture
hello All,

I am missing something, how can we have console access to the Amlogic M8 box?
I just want to fix the files permissions issue

Thanks
Change permissions:

install the console emulator app if you don't have it.
On the console emulator do:

su -> press enter
chmod 666 /dev/am* -> press enter

Try now the XBMC or Kodi.. should work
I had same problem with no video. If I upgrade to helix, are there any similar problems, or will this fix the issue?
I suggest to open that thread you mention on freaktab. It's already hard enough on official firmwares to even think about supporting cooked ones in any way.
"install the console emulator app"? Went to the play store, and nothing that specifically says "console emulator" although there is much listed.
So, exactly which one are you referring to?

thank you.
I HAVE THE ANSWER, and it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but wasn't quite complete for all kodi versions.

Install your preferred Kodi (or Gotham if you must) via the ARM apk. After the initial setups are completed by Kodi, install a few video addons.

Then go to System, Settings, Video. Scroll down and set to Expert level. Go to Hardware accelerators, and unclick all but libstagefright.

Now, go to one of the video addons and try it - your video will be working fine! My video is crystal clear 1080P, no problems with having turned off the unnecessary accelerators. For what ever reason, the way these boxes work, they don't need these at all. The answer was right there built into Kodi all along and I was too dense to see it.

This is the answer most of us were looking for. Thanks to all who contributed on this! Thanks to the Kodi team that included the ability to turn these features on or off as needed!
Ive done those settings on my m8 amlogic s802 and everything plays fine, live tv also fine, but when i watch a film after 17mins or so it freezes, cant do anything unless i unplug it . I have kodi 14.2 and only libstagefreight ticked
I've had similar issues with a AMlogic S805 device and Kodi file permissions issues.
The solution for me was to download SuperSu and install it if you can.
SPMC or Kodi then asks for Root permission on startup that it needs for the various system files.
Grant permission permanently and you are good to go.

But then again maybe the M8's factory firmware is different.

Oh right, il try it when the wife isnt around, she hates kodi and all the f##k around lol
(2015-05-21, 21:48)MicMack Wrote: I HAVE THE ANSWER, and it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but wasn't quite complete for all kodi versions.

Install your preferred Kodi (or Gotham if you must) via the ARM apk. After the initial setups are completed by Kodi, install a few video addons.

Then go to System, Settings, Video. Scroll down and set to Expert level. Go to Hardware accelerators, and unclick all but libstagefright.

Now, go to one of the video addons and try it - your video will be working fine! My video is crystal clear 1080P, no problems with having turned off the unnecessary accelerators. For what ever reason, the way these boxes work, they don't need these at all. The answer was right there built into Kodi all along and I was too dense to see it.

This is the answer most of us were looking for. Thanks to all who contributed on this! Thanks to the Kodi team that included the ability to turn these features on or off as needed!
Thank You this worked spot on

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amlogic m8 android 4.4 xbmc plays audio but no picture2