Amlogic m8 android 4.4 xbmc plays audio but no picture
(2014-06-29, 15:29)elic Wrote:
(2014-06-25, 16:03)Mosc_007 Wrote: Using Official Firmware and setting the permissions in /dev/aw* got Gotham 13.1 working for me.

Charles

Can you please tell us how you changed permissions? How you got to see /dev files? I am stuck with useless hardware Confused

Assuming you have the official M8 Firmware which is already Rooted.

I used "Ghost Commander" from the App store. Find the /dev folder then any file that starts with aw change the permissions to 666. Basically so anyone can read and write the files.

An easier way is to extract the Gotham 13.apk from a firmware that has it pre-installed. It is patched and sets the permissions when it runs. I extracted it and installed it and it works 100%. But only version 13.0

Charles
I installed finless's rom and everything works just fine. The only thing that was painful is the keyboard. I can't disable the mouse and jump between the letters of the keyboard. So I have to move the mouse all the way from letter to letter. Aches my fingers. Is there a way to configure the keyboard so I can jump between the letters with the arrow keys?
(2014-07-01, 12:46)elic Wrote:
(2014-06-30, 12:00)washere Wrote: No you are wrong. With your method you are locked into an old configuration forever. Already obsolete. It's not working like a charm because there are newer better versions.

Secondly most old xbmc versions do not have this glitch. So people claiming to have fixed this with using old versions have just ignored the problem and claim to have solved it which is funny.

And thirdly you are wrong because libstagefright you dismiss as not hardware acceleration which I recommended using as sole option is the famous hardware acceleration codec even most beginners know about.

OK, so you're saying leave hardware acceleration but uncheck the other libraries and only leave libstagefright? I wonder why they still opt for the other libraries. And I do agree that using old versions as a resolution is bad and I hate to do that. And one more thing, I am a beginner and obviously don't belong to the group of "most beginners that now about that codec" :-)

I will try that and update the forum if it worked for me.

The couple of others in that sub-section are h/w accelerators too, just tick off all and only click libstagefright.
restart xbmc.
This only applies to latest gotham xbmc 13.1 on square m8 boxes.

Your keyboard spec request, try:
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=b...ard&c=apps
might please you or not.

I use an airmouse but for setting up my box or complex & fast input I attached a wireless $3 computer mouse too, works great. Right-mouse click is the back function, long-press on left-click also works as in android ass does mouse-wheel.
Amlogic S802 Quad Core XBMC M8 and updated to 13.1 just like the others sound no picture, and been ready the post but not making much out of it. HOW DO I DO THIS?
permissions in /dev/am*
thunk for the help.
Hi every1, same problem here I have 2 M8s, 1 using gotham 13 and 1 using gotham 13.1 but no picture, my question is there any youtube videos or maybe sum1 can post video on how 2 fix problemHuh Thank u 4 any reply
Post video on how to fix picture issue with M8 running 13.1
Hi guys when i updated M8 with the 13,1 i flashed my box back using the firmware from this site and worked a treat http://www.mediafire.com/download/95kghn...140430.rar.

Downloading new factory 13.1 at the min if it works i will post for all the share

doingok

EDIT got this working but i am on 13.1 so unloading it to my mega so you can download it
(2014-07-01, 20:23)washere Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 12:46)elic Wrote:
(2014-06-30, 12:00)washere Wrote: No you are wrong. With your method you are locked into an old configuration forever. Already obsolete. It's not working like a charm because there are newer better versions.

Secondly most old xbmc versions do not have this glitch. So people claiming to have fixed this with using old versions have just ignored the problem and claim to have solved it which is funny.

And thirdly you are wrong because libstagefright you dismiss as not hardware acceleration which I recommended using as sole option is the famous hardware acceleration codec even most beginners know about.

OK, so you're saying leave hardware acceleration but uncheck the other libraries and only leave libstagefright? I wonder why they still opt for the other libraries. And I do agree that using old versions as a resolution is bad and I hate to do that. And one more thing, I am a beginner and obviously don't belong to the group of "most beginners that now about that codec" :-)

The couple of others in that sub-section are h/w accelerators too, just tick off all and only click libstagefright.
restart xbmc.

Since Amlogic doesn't use libstagefright you might as well turn off all hardware acceleration. Same thing. You are using software with only libstagefright ticked.

The only true fix is to set the permissions on the am* files yourself or use a patched Gotham that sets them for you.

Also, Their is a new Mbox M8 firmware around that has Gotham 13.1 pre-installed. It's been patched so it works. Firmware is something like 0617. Or you can run finless v7.

Charles
(2014-07-02, 10:28)Mosc_007 Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 12:46)elic Wrote: OK, so you're saying leave hardware acceleration but uncheck the other libraries and only leave libstagefright? I wonder why they still opt for the other libraries. And I do agree that using old versions as a resolution is bad and I hate to do that. And one more thing, I am a beginner and obviously don't belong to the group of "most beginners that now about that codec" :-)

restart xbmc.

Since Amlogic doesn't use libstagefright you might as well turn off all hardware acceleration. Same thing. You are using software with only libstagefright ticked.

The only true fix is to set the permissions on the am* files yourself or use a patched Gotham that sets them for you.

Also, Their is a new Mbox M8 firmware around that has Gotham 13.1 pre-installed. It's been patched so it works. Firmware is something like 0617. Or you can run finless v7.

Charles

People wanting to change attributes of system files:
download app "Total Commander", long-press the sys file, choose: Properties, click the RW at top-right, change, click Apply

Also some people are working to port Linux to these M8 boxes so the Linux xbmc can be used on these.
(2014-07-02, 09:12)doingok43 Wrote: Hi guys when i updated M8 with the 13,1 i flashed my box back using the firmware from this site and worked a treat http://www.mediafire.com/download/95kghn...140430.rar.

Downloading new factory 13.1 at the min if it works i will post for all the share

doingok

EDIT got this working but i am on 13.1 so unloading it to my mega so you can download it

This works fine and has 13.1 on it looks scary but works ok on my M8
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1c07uzSG
Password:7ovc
doingok
dOING
(2014-07-02, 10:28)Mosc_007 Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 12:46)elic Wrote: OK, so you're saying leave hardware acceleration but uncheck the other libraries and only leave libstagefright? I wonder why they still opt for the other libraries. And I do agree that using old versions as a resolution is bad and I hate to do that. And one more thing, I am a beginner and obviously don't belong to the group of "most beginners that now about that codec" :-)

restart xbmc.

Charles

Also:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1734000
run factor firmware for 13.1 it works but cannot shut down the box some time so going try this from here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...oid-TV-BOX

Ok tried every firmware out i think and M8 box does not turn off probably, when hitting the red button on the remote no signal comes on the TV but light stays on. hold the rd button some time it goes off but it it frezzes om xbmc the only way to turn this of is the pull the power supply from the box.
Any ideas please.
permissions in /dev/am*

666 how to do this please
(2014-07-05, 19:27)doingok43 Wrote: run factor firmware for 13.1 it works but cannot shut down the box some time so going try this from here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...oid-TV-BOX

Ok tried every firmware out i think and M8 box does not turn off probably, when hitting the red button on the remote no signal comes on the TV but light stays on. hold the rd button some time it goes off but it it frezzes om xbmc the only way to turn this of is the pull the power supply from the box.
Any ideas please.

i got an older M8 box with 2014.05.16 (516) firmware that WILL turn the blue power LED OFF......even though the box isn't actually off its in a low power state with a fast resume.

the newer firmwares seem to only dim the blue LED slightly.....but still not fully off.

so it look like the blue LED setting is part of the firmware setup.

the blue led bugs me at night as its TOO BRIGHT and i prefere the OFF LED setting as before.

problem is that i cant downgrade the firmware from 20140722 (722) or the (617) firmwares...

Pants.....

wish they would go back to LED ON/OFF on power up and standby.
Hi everyone,

Very much realize this is an old post but recently one of my Android boxes (MX8) somehow had received a corrupted file. so needless to so back to the drawing board on finding the image and new firmware. I've used a couple but like the Maticron rom so far. and came across the same issue with receiving sound but no picture.

So I just wanted to stop in and share a very BIG THANK YOU- than you for keeping this link open so that my troubleshooting are over- better yet- a clear how to resolve to from Washere. thank you- and thanks to you all. seriously- I love using our android boxes- and this lead to a great success on continuing use.

Thank you in advance
DXP29

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amlogic m8 android 4.4 xbmc plays audio but no picture2