Will XBMC ruin my MCE config
Hi there,

We as a family are dependent on Windows 8 MCE with a dual tuner ATSC and netflix. I would like to test XBMC on my system but would not like to ruin it as it has scheduled recordings and my wife will be upset if i wreck the setup. I have created a restore point already.

Current config.

Windows 8 MCE
Geforce 670GTX dual head
-> HDMI to Onkyo Receiver to TV
-> DVID to 27" monitor

Hauppauge HVR 2250 on a Channel Master 4228 (~20 channels)
.wtv files are played direct dual screen
.h264's the same.

Netflix is done with the PS3 through the receiver so it interferes less with the main pc.

Will installing XBMC be difficult to setup and will it ruin my configuration that is set to record about 120gb of .wtv and take 5gb of h264's.

Thanks
I have similar setup, but no Netflix. If you install XBMC 13 with the WMC pvr addon it will handle all your OTA tasks. To get the addon to work, you also install a stand-alone exe on the computer that is running 8MC (ServerWMC.exe). The ServerWMC program uses 8MC for all its EPG, timer/recording settings, saved recordings, etc. So everything set up (or edited) in 8MC is available in XBMC (except some of the metadata stored in the .wtv files doesn't come through I think). I don't do Netflix, but I'm pretty sure that there isn't any easy way to get it in XBMC. It is possible though to launch the 8MC UI/frontend from within XBMC that is running on the 8MC computer. Go to the PVR WMC subforum for help, setup, and wiki.

An alternative might be media browser 3, though I don't know if that is any better than XBMC for this task.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will XBMC ruin my MCE config0