JasonRPC command "player.open" not working with video file
hello, here the log.

http://pastebin.com/rnGtBkmX

the file will not play, but we get an OK back.
Moved to jsonrpc support
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Code:
ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [//192.168.0.110/Video/AMX/300_dolby_cntdwn.m2ts]
Are you saying it plays if tried from within XBMC?
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
Yes, and it is also working if I change to a local file instead.

For example: c:\test.mkv

With Eden this was working on remote system.

Regards
Christian
Are you trying to use an UNC path? First of all these should start with \\ and not // but IIRC support for UNC paths was completely removed but I could be wrong.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
yes, unc path. Can please anyone of the developers reproduce this, so we know if it is a bug or by design?

We also tried with \ instead of / and received an error pharsing.

Chrisitan
Backslashes need to be escaped so if you want to send
Code:
\\192.168.0.110
over JSON-RPC you actually need to send
Code:
\\\\192.168.0.110
and the same is required for any other backslashes in the path (not just the leading ones). That's why you receive a parsing error.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I would say we tried this also... With no success...

Christian
I'm sorry but "no success" is not a useful error report at all. There can be a thousand reasons why it doesn't work. You need to provide
  • your exact JSON-RPC request
  • the response you get
  • a Debug log (wiki) with JSON-RPC debugging enabled

From your initial log it looks like the JSON-RPC request succeeded but XBMC didn't find a way to actually play the file.
Yes and this seems to be a bug. Because as mentioned if a local path/file is used it works. Same files, just local on c: drive.
See post #9
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
With local files it is working, this is ok for me. I don't know if I can provide any logs again. I just reported this because it seems to be a bug or is not supported anymore. A dev responsible should be able to test this within minutes. I am not a developer and this xbmc machine is not at my home and the option to test a 3rd party person is required.

This person told me it is little and confusing documented and should be used path or file now with Gotham.
try smb:// instead of \\
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JasonRPC command "player.open" not working with video file0