video node help
hello i am trying to setup a video node entitled documentaries which will hold my collection of ripped bd documentary files.
i have all the files i want in the video node and properly scraped but no fan art is being displayed, as well as when i press play the files do not instantly play like they do if they were accessed through movies or tv shows, it just displays sub folders. i am running the latest release of gothem and ace on openelec, any help will be appreciated thanks.
I have the same question about the fanart as background images, hope someone has the answer for that.
I can think of a few possible reasons that you are not getting fanart backgrounds
- You are viewing files rather than the scraped list
- You are using a viewtype that doesn't have fanart backgrounds
- There is no fanart available for the chosen movie

Try checking the movie information (press the menu button and select), you should be able to select from available fanart there.
I'm trying to create a new menu that points to a particular folder (specifically to my "3D movies" folder) but every time I create it by selecting "Files/3D Movies" the menu become a playlist not video node (I think that's why we aren't getting the fanart as background).

So, there is a way to create a category to filter by folder, I mean, create a category called "Folder1" that points to my "3D Movies" folder (Or filter to only show me the files in a particular folder.) so it will be a video node and then we can get the fanart as background?
If you are doing this the way I think you are, then it is simply a file view, and that would mean no fanart.

The easiest way to do what I think you want is to create a playlist, filter by "Path starts with", then add to menu.
I think that you got it right, but with "playlist" you mean a Smart Playlist? (I just make a quick search on google and it drop me Basic Playlist and Smart Playlist on XBMC Wiki)

EDIT: I'm trying to create a smart playlist and filter by path but what path should put? The full path ("F:\Various Movies\3D Movies") or just the name of the source?

EDIT 2: Ok, done. Now I can see my videos as library but now I'm getting "Fail on script: Random and last items script". I think ACE isn't compatible with Smart Playlist on the menu :/

EDIT 3: I try with Aeon MQ 5 and same thing on there so it's a fail on the script itself.
Yes, it's smart playlist.

You should use the full path, not just the source. The playlist will be created withh all items in the chosen folder and subfolders.

It's working fine for me (though I created them a little while back). Have you made sure that fhe movies are already scaped as "normal" movies?
Yes, is working fine now.
Thank you so much for your help, the script was failing because I had playlist named with accented characters.
Cheers.
Only one more thing, I put this in another message so you receive another notification.

Is normal that ACE do not show me the thumb/preview and plot at the bottom when viewing the playlist menu?

Playlist:

What normally should show (preview and plot at bottom):

How do I do to have that on the playlist menu?

Cheers.
I've actually turned off the recently added items... But if I turn them on, then the preview/plot only appears once one of the items is selected.
(2014-10-02, 20:11)jimper Wrote: I've actually turned off the recently added items... But if I turn them on, then the preview/plot only appears once one of the items is selected.
Yes, but the parcially viewed movies aren't showed, right? I should make a thread requesting that function or is there and I didn't activate it?
I believe that function is in the built-in Movies and TV-Shows menu items only (though I could be wrong).
It's an ACE function, Is on "Skin-Settings".
Progress Bar is called but is not compatible with playlists, only with video nodes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video node help0