Win Subtitle delay caused by latency delay setting
Hi folks Smile

I have an issue where I'm currently unsure if it's either a XBMC bug or a misconfiguration from my side.
Due to heavy input lag from my TV (around 250ms) I have set the following settings within advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <video>
      <latency>
         <delay>250</delay>
      </latency>
   </video>
</advancedsettings>
Now this fixes the audio/video sync issues I had (without the need to apply it for every movie/tv-show).
But it caused a little side-effect. Because of this setting, also the subtitles are getting delayed (in my opinion they shouldn't). Well, this is not such a big deal and rather unnoticeable for simple subtitles. But having movies with a lot of typesetting in them makes even the littlest delay recognizable.
I know there's the possibility to individually change the subtitle delay per-movie, but having to do this is rather uncomfortable. Smile
Removing the video delay fixes the subtitle delay again.

So best thing to reproduce this is, of course, setting the above setting to a high value and playing a video with subtitles.
Finally my question is now, is this considered a bug? If not, is there a possibility to set and overall delay for subtitles (I haven't found anything suitable in http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml).

Some info about the movie I've been testing it with:
  • Video: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC, 1920x1080 @ 23.98Hz
  • Audio: FLAC
  • Subtitle: SubStation alpha subtitles (ssa)

And before I forget it, here's a little summary of my setup:
  • XBMC Version: XBMC 13.0 Git:20140504-0d1d803 (Compiled: May 4 2014)
  • TV: Samsung UE55D8000, 55"
  • RAM: 8GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610, driver: GeForce 335.23
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.20GHz
  • Resolution: 1920x1080 @ 23.98Hz - Fullscreen
  • Direct3D Version: 9.18.13.3523
  • Movie-Storage: NAS, QNAP TS-420
  • Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR609

Many thanks in advance Smile

----------------------
Edit:
Ok, this is rather embrassing. I forgot that you have the possibility to make make a setting of a single video the default for all videos, and of course, this also works for subtitles. Smile
Exactly what I was looking for, probably I was too focused on the "advancedsettings.xml" thingy. Smile
So that solved your issue, but I wonder if this is intended or not.

Anyway, thanks for the proper issue report Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle delay caused by latency delay setting0