Bug Slideshow screensaver hide JSON-RPC notifications
Bug 
Hi,
I think it's a bug :
JSON notifications (GUI.ShowNotification) is hidden by the screensaver. I listen to noise of the notification, but no visualHuhHuh.
But when I set the screensaver darkness parameter darker (about 50%), finally I can see the notification in background.
But it's too dark for me Cool

Other default screensavers (Euphoria, Plasma and Solarwinds), multislideshow, and pluginslideshow shows notifications. Only slideshow notifications doesn't work.

Thank you for your help,
Regards.
there's no proper solution i'm afraid.

if i let the notifications show, then other dialogs will also be visible.
and users don't like that, see: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1650345

so i decided to hide everything... it's either one or the other.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I guess it could be "fixed" by making the zorder of the notifications really high?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

first question would be *should* notifications be shown at all when the screensaver is active?
i'm not sure, but i don't think any OS does this?

other than that, yeah.. using a high zorder in kai toast would work.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I don't have an opinion on that - I don't have it ever sitting on the screensaver anyway Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for reply. It was my first post Blush
My opinion is the notifications should be shown because its for a graphical screensaver. For other screensavers, it's useless.

Do you think it is easier to modify xbmc zorder notification level, or screensaver zorder level.
It is an argument in xbmc source code ?
Can it be done only by a developper ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slideshow screensaver hide JSON-RPC notifications0