Bug Live TV program start time changing rapidly
I sometimes have problems where the start time of the program changes rapidly. Sometimes also the current position within the program changes rapidly (+1 -1 second from actual position), but this is not about this case.

I took just a video of this happening to show what I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkq8qFylZ...e=youtu.be

I'm using OpenELEC 4.0, XBMC 13, Tvheadend 3.4.27 and PCTV 290e tuner. Running on a Haswell NUC. Do you think this is a problem in:

- XBMC
- XBMC pvr.hts addon
- Tvheadend
- The tuner driver?
That's strange, I've never seen that. Is it repeatable (if so, post a debug log) or did it only occur with the Eurovision?
It happens every now and then - not too often. When I changed the channel and then back to this channel, the problem was gone. More often I have a situation where the current position jumps all the time. Example: I've watched 10 minutes 10 seconds of the program, I could see the position changing: 10:10 - 10:09 - 10:10 - 10:09 - 10:10 - 10:11 - 10:10 etc.. The time would change approximately equally often compared to the video I pasted. And this only happens sometimes as well.

It's a bit hard to catch as it does not happen all the time and I don't plan to explain the wife that she needs to keep the debugging on all the time when we're watching TV. Smile But I'll see if I can somehow narrow the conditions... I read on Tvheadend blog that "The current position is that Tvheadend is sending too many requests to the driver and overloading it causing it to fail. I should at this point state that we only request the status every 1 second once locked, and during the lock period once every 50ms. "

Could it be that it asks something from the driver every 50 ms and the driver returns something that causes this jitter...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV program start time changing rapidly0