Linux Channel unavailable and Recorder unavailable error
Hello,

I'm having an issue with the MythTV cmyth PVR Client in XBMC Gotham.
All the channels are showing up in the Live TV section but when I click to play I get these pop-up errors.
The first error after the Waiting is "Recorder unavailable"
Then I get the Waiting again and then this error, "Channel unavailable"

I would be using TVHeadend but there is a issue with Mapping the services for ATSC. So I am back trying Myth out again. I can watch TV within TVHeadend after jumping through some hoops. I know the tuner is working since I can watch TV with Kaffeine. That seems to be the only thing I can use at the moment.

Enough on what works outside of XBMC. My main focus at the moment is now Myth PVR.

Here is the link to a short xbmc log via Pastebin.
http://pastebin.com/97nV8CdK

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ × 2
Memory: 2GiB
Graphics: GeForce 7050 PV / nForce 630a/integrated/SSE2
HardDrive: 320 GB
DVB: AVerTVHD MCE A180
Keyboard/Mouse: Wireless
OS Type: 14.04 64-bit Trusty
Kodi: 14.x
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606
TV: Vizio 42" LCD
Computer was formerly a Captiveworks 3000 HTPC
Have a look in the myth backbend log file, that will probably give you more info on what's happening.
Thanks Teeedubb for the quick reply,

One of these days I'll get to see live TV and I will be able to record n XBMC.
It only took months for me to get the Avermedia card running since the firmware(.FW file) was hard to find. I'm disabled now and things take a bit longer then usual for me to work out. Hopefully I can beat this into submission so I can access the system's recordings from another room.

I'm not sure if this is the issue, but I saw this twice in the log.

"No setting found for this machine's BackendServerIP. Please run setup on this machine and modify the first page"

Here is the pastebin of the mythtv-backend.log
http://pastebin.com/GvxAg0BS

Also, below is a screen shot of that first page in the general setup of the backend. The backend and frontend (PVR) is on the same system, so I would think that 127.0.0.1 is the same a localhost and not need a 192.x.x.x IP for access from XBMC.
The channels show up in the XBMC Myth PVR with the Icons, I would think that the PVR and the backend are talking. But again... Maybe not...
So I'm a bit confused here with this Please run... statement in the log.
Thanks again

Did you try and play live TV in that log? I couldn't see anything.
Setting the IP address wouldn't hurt, the mqchine should have a static/reserved address anyway.
Have you tried playing live TV through the myth frontend?
What about recordings?
Also you're running a old version of myth TV (possibly unsupported?)
If livetv doesn't work in the myth frontend you'll probably get more help in the mythtv forums.
I tried via the Myth front end and nothing. I also tried different IPs (ex. 192.168.1.x) still no go.
The crazy part is that Kaffeine will tune the over the air channels and play them. Apparently only all in on packages work. As mentioned above, TVHeadend has known issues for mapping the services so that is out and Myth grabs everything but no connection between back and front end. I have been working on this for months with no answers in the Myth or TVHeadend forums. Except for the ones you want to choke the life out of someone. Stare

" I have my AVerTVHD MCE A180 card working in myth and xbmc...
When you ask how, no reply.
" Read the directions/forum posts... is another one. You don't want to know my reply to that. Undecided
Etc Etc Etc. You know how that sometimes goes.

I have been in Television and Satellite broadcast for 30 years.
Give me a Dish, HPA, Modulator and sundry video/audio items and I'll have you up broadcasting on satellite within a couple hours. I'm just not a programmer/debugger type, just enough to be dangerous. Hardware is my thing; and believe me, this stuff is way more of a pain to set up than commercial broadcast equipment.
Due to my back injuries, I can't sit up for more then 10-15 mins. This is why this has be going on forever.
Anyone want to take a crack at this via TeamViewer remote access.

Thanks again for the replies Teeedubb
Forget about the card for now, that's unrelated. Some thoughts:

When I originally setup myth I messed things up so much it was easier to completely nuke the myth install and start again (thank god myth is pretty much set and forget)
Upgrade to 0.27 - I remember reading somewhere that its easier to connect newer versions (I could be wrong here) plus a common reply for helpbwill be to upgrade anyway.
Have you tried allowing remote mysql connections? I remember having to enable that.(I'd try this first)
Googling the error you posted in bold gibes a few hits, they could point you in the right direction.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
if you want even watch tv using mythfrontend than i doubt xbmc will be able to. let's first get your mythfrontend working. i do see you're running 0.25 which i don't believe is supported anymore with xbmc gotham. i am not sure about frodo.

is all this on the same machine? mythbackend, mythfrontend, and XBMC?
Ubu's Youtube Channel has great content! http://www.youtube.com/ubuntuaddicted
Blog? Yes here: ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com
Hello Ubuntuaddicted,

Thanks for the reply.

As for v .25, I tried it on also on Frodo with no luck either.
Everything is on the same machine.
At this point I don't have any preference to what developed backend I use as long as I can get something working in Gotham now that I just upgraded XBMC. I am just looking for live TV / PVR if I want to record something.
And yes even Myth's front end does not work. The backend seems to set up fine and scans all the off- air TV here. Myth PVR in XBMC sees the scanned channels with the Icons,but that is it.
It is a shame that TVHeadend is not supported as it was earlier on. I understand that Adam Sutton has a life, but no one really picked up and carried the torch with the project. It is a neatly put together and less cluttered package to work with, but it won't map the services so it really does not work.
So this is why I am trying to beat Myth into submission.

Thanks again...
How many computers are you running? Is the mythbackend on the same machine as the xbmc/frontend?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
he stated this is all on the same machine.

we'll need to make sure gotham cmyth will work with mythtv 0.25, otherwise you'll need to either upgrade mythtv or downgrade xbmc.
Ubu's Youtube Channel has great content! http://www.youtube.com/ubuntuaddicted
Blog? Yes here: ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com
Update...

Here are some screen shots showing the Frontend (PVR) in XBMC Gotham.
This is where I am getting stuck with Myth Backend and XBMC's Myth PVR.

You will notice that the channels and the EPG (from off-air info) showing up on the higher channels, but you will notice that the lower channels do not show activity.

If I click on any active or inactive channels (should be all active) I get the working box for roughly 2-3 minutes then you will see the pop-up with the alert that the "Channel is not available" which does not make any sense.

The last image is showing the EPG. There is no way to scroll up for the other channels. It seems to be stuck at the bottom of the list. Unless I am missing something I do not see any way to scroll up the EPG list.

Click the image for the full set of screen shots.
(2014-05-14, 23:50)GEEMac Wrote: Hello Ubuntuaddicted,

Thanks for the reply.

As for v .25, I tried it on also on Frodo with no luck either.
Everything is on the same machine.
At this point I don't have any preference to what developed backend I use as long as I can get something working in Gotham now that I just upgraded XBMC. I am just looking for live TV / PVR if I want to record something.
And yes even Myth's front end does not work. The backend seems to set up fine and scans all the off- air TV here. Myth PVR in XBMC sees the scanned channels with the Icons,but that is it.
It is a shame that TVHeadend is not supported as it was earlier on. I understand that Adam Sutton has a life, but no one really picked up and carried the torch with the project. It is a neatly put together and less cluttered package to work with, but it won't map the services so it really does not work.
So this is why I am trying to beat Myth into submission.

Thanks again...
Look if mythfrontend doesn't work, xbmc is never going to work. Join the mythtv-users mailing list and post your mythtv logs there.

Once mythfrontend is working, xbmc will too.

Actually I will also add, update your myth to 0.27, or you are unlikely to get any help! 0.25 is now ancient. mythbuntu repos has 0.27 available for many flavours of ubuntu (although I really recommend using a LTS version. for obvious reasons.)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the help gentlemen.
At least three of you made an attempt to help.

"mythtv-backend is already the newest version."
Still version 0.25 on the system here. I forgot I was on 12.10 and that has an old repo for myth.
I already posted in the Myth forums some time back and received no answers.
Lets see what 0.27 does.

And believe me.... as for any HTPC builds. I will stay far away from 13.10... Very Far away... A nightmare of bugs when it comes to HDMI an surround sound. Been there and done that, and still my hair has not grown back.

I'll just let this go for now here and just keep scouring the net for answers.

TC and thanks again
I told you use mythbuntu repository.you will get 0.27. I have.
I read and understood you suggestions Nickr as I have done with other suggestions posted here.

I installed the mythbuntu repo and it would not grab 0.27.
Same response to Sudo apt-get install...
"mythtv-backend is already the newest version."
Relating to 0.25.

I even tried the Myth repo for 0.27, not having the both repos installed at the same time but I tried them separately by turning one or the other repo on or off via Synaptic.
Then going back to the terminal, typing sudo apt-get update before each try.

Apparently the issue with moving to 0.27 has something to do with the old Quantal 12.10.
Quantal reached its EOL yesterday.
RIP Quantal...

I did follow your LTS suggestion. I upgraded per Ubuntu's instructions by upgrading to 13.10 then to 14.04.

I am now on
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Release: 14.04
Codename: trusty

Thank you all again for your help.
For now I am going to clean up this upgrade a bit and then once Trusty is OK, I will see how the Myth install goes. I will keep this post updated whether or not this all comes together. If this works out then this post may help others that may have the same issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help