cannot connect to mythtv backend
The output of a "sudo netstat -tanp|grep 3306" gives me :
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:3306 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
1051/mysqld

Also here is my most recent debug log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=211940
There we are, only listening on localhost.
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
And that alone should fix the mysql server from only listening to localhost? Thanks SO mcuh.
It should, reboot afterwards and then run the netstat again to check.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ran "sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database" it did warn me that it will let the backend and mysql server take remote connections. Now my output from "sudo netstat -tanp|grep 3306" gives me :
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:3306 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
1043/mysqld

And I STILL can't connect this xbmc frontend! I just did looked in the /etc/mythtv/mysql.cnf file and wrote down the password and input it straight into XBMC. So the Username is mythtv and the password is the randomly generated one by mythtv. I think I am just one small step away from getting this to work. I've gone through this log file and can't find anything, but I don't really know what I'm looking for. I don't know if this would matter or not, but during setup of mythtv what should my IPV6 line be? I don't know why that would matter but I thought I'd mention it.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=212156
In that log I see only one mention of cmyth in that log and it ain't doing anything, just a mention that the cmyth addon is installed.

Now what IP address is the backend listening on? I did mention the first screen in mythtv-setup. I am not near a myth machine to look into how to check this right now sorry.

Tha password is not set in mysql.cnf as far as I am aware.
Yah after looking through it I didn't see much of anything either other than "the addon is there". I know I'm recording the log right, but it doesn't seem to be recording when I try to login. I see the password is the same for ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml and for /etc/mythtv/config.xml But for some reason it just won't connect. It doesn't seem like it's even trying....I do get the "ding" and the error msg that the PVR isn't started....I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

At the top of my screen when I press LIVE TV it says "No PVR Clients have been started please wait for PVR clients to start up or check log for details"
OK, I GOT IT connected to the backend! Yay! It seems as though I needed to toggle the LiveTV on / off a couple of times. So now it connects to the backend, and I can see all of my channels, but when I try to tune one it says channel unavailable.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=212354
UPDATE success! I now have live tv streaming, guide is working. Turned out that the ipv6 setting needed to be left blank. Now all is working and I'm as happy as a kid on Christmas. Now, how do I make.it so mythtv does not EVER update of change anything on its own. Thank you all SO much.
Glad you got it working! Enjoy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cannot connect to mythtv backend0