3D Subtitles not working right?
Well, on the advice of the devs at the DVDFab forums, I re ripped a movie, Avatar, in version 8 of DVDFab instead of version 9 and the subtitles display once, just with no 3D depth. I guess it looks like the issue is with DVD Fab unless other users with the issue are using something else to rip the movies.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Forgot to mention, I'm on windows also. Didn't try on my OpenELEC (RPi) machine. Guess waiting is the solution.
Update, DVDFab devs say it is XBMC. Obviously theirvEnlgishnis not great but here is what they said:

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Verdana;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720

\itap1\trowd \taflags0 \trgaph108\trleft-108 \trbrdrt\brdrnil \trbrdrl\brdrnil \trbrdrt\brdrnil \trbrdrr\brdrnil
\clvertalt \clshdrawnil \clwWidth10920\clftsWidth3 \clmart10 \clmarl10 \clmarb10 \clmarr10 \clbrdrt\brdrnil \clbrdrl\brdrnil \clbrdrb\brdrnil \clbrdrr\brdrnil \clpadt40 \clpadl40 \clpadb40 \clpadr40 \gaph\cellx8640
\pard\intbl\itap1\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2
Dora;162870 Wrote:I reproduce your issue .\
I play 3d mkv light-right 50% on xbmc , then choose 3D mode sidebyside in xbmc . Then the subtitle change 2 in each side . I play it on my 3d Screen and change mode to left right , It displays / displayed twice subtitle . I understand you at last .

XBMC can not handle 3D subtitle streams . XBMC should not change the subtitle to side by side and it should adjust itself setting buttons / a button / the button . If you do not adjust xbmc 3d modes , and change the screen setting to left-right , our subtitle is 3d mode . V8 output subtitle as 2d and no 3d effect . V9 output is 3d Subtitleses , but xbmc can not handle it correct . You can choosed render subtitle if you want wacth subtitle. Or render the force subtitle for that unknown language.\
It also has feedback to our designer how to handle 3d subtitles.
\
\cell \lastrow\row
}
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I'm having this issue too in 13.1 on Windows. Do you know if it's fixed in 13.2?
Hi, have you found a solution for this problem ? Thanks !
Its amazing that I cant see any logs anywhere even after being asked for them and only expectations that things just fixed as if by magic.

luckily some people go beyond expectations like http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=120118
Thanks for the link but I already have 3D subtitles, my problem is to play it correctly with XBMC Smile
Clearly its not supported so either use a method that works (download srt) or wait until its added (make a feature request or a proper bug report) or add the support yourself (roll up your sleeves and get coding) Wink You can convert your subs also to a working format since SRT work you already know which works.

Its not like there's a shortage valid of workarounds. 3D is still new to XBMC and some-things just need time.
Yes no problem, I'll wait, I have made a feature request Smile
I'm using "None" instead of "Side by side" for 3D mode, it's my workaround but I can't use 3D GUI or other function based on 3D (auto swtich my TV for example).
I'm a Delphi coder but I think Kodi doesn't use this language... Wink
@NicCo
do you have a link to your feature request. I have the same problem with 3D-Subtitles (VobSub) and am tired of converting them to srt.
2D-Subtitles (VobSub and SRT) work perfectly.
Hi, my request is here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=206073

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Subtitles not working right?0