xbmcbuntu gotham pvr problems
Recently installed from iso and all seems to be working fine except there are no pvr add ons to be found and my system freezes everytime i enable live tv. I installed cmyth from apt-get and rebooted but that didn't help. Is something broken or have I not compiled/installed something I was supposed to? In frodo everything was pre-installed but disabled but I see this is no longer the case. thanks.
You need to install and enable an addon before you enable live TV. The addons are installed using apt-get.
Hi

Hope I am not hijacking this thread.

I had the same problem as above but now installed myth pvr with
apt-get install xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth through ssh.

enabled the live tv the same way as in frodo.

Now i appear to have the pvr connected to the database as the unable to connect message has gone but live tv still says that no pvr service has started, in the system information the pvr service is greyed out.

Also i noticed that the client specific settings in the live tv section does not link to the myth pvr service.

Is there another step I am missing.

System is xbmcbuntu.

Thanks
Well, have you installed and configured MythTV and the configured the addon correctly?
Hi negge

Thanks for the reply.

I have done all the steps i did on frodo to get the live tv working. This is why i am asking here.

I don't understand why when the addon is enabled and the live tv is checked it gives no errors but still says the pvr service is not started.

If i put incorrect details in the myth pvr addon ie changing the port it gives an unable to correct error.

Is there a generated log file i can check to look for any other errors.
Yes, you'll find all the information you'll need on this wiki page:: debug log (wiki)
Hi thanks for the reply again

I have found the log, it is saying unable to connect to mythtv which I was beginning to guess it was. Even though there are no errors on the gui front.

So now I am lost as to what to do.

On the mythtv server I have ensured that mysql is listening for connection on the network.

the /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.cnf file has the bind-address commented out.

backend and remote backend is correctly configured with the static ip of the server.

mythtv user of mysql has full permission on all hosts.

/etc/mythtv/config.xml has the correct ip in the host section.

Any help for any other location to look for mismatched settings would be appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcbuntu gotham pvr problems0