Live TV menu w/o TV/Radio channel/EPG top menu?
I'm afraid, this question has been answered before. But I was not able to find it. Sorry:
I'm now using ACE under Gotham with DVBViewer and it works well.
But one litte thing:
When I start Live TV the first thing I see is the menu on top to select TV channels/Radio channels/EPG.
Once I select TV channels I can select the needed channel.

For family acceptance I like to start TV immediately as soon as I select Live TV from the main menu.
Is there a way to skip the top selection menu?

Thanks
Moppi1988
Moppi1988
Kodi 19.1 under Win10 PC (64 bit)
O.k., I found another thread asking the same: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174447
But still haven't seen a solution...
Moppi1988
I found a solution myself.
I modified the main menu item "Live-TV" to the function "ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 32,0, 11,0)"
That's it! :-)
Moppi1988
(2014-05-13, 12:11)moppi1988 Wrote: I found a solution myself.
I modified the main menu item "Live-TV" to the function "ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 32,0, 11,0)"
That's it! :-)

In wich file exactly, did you do this change? Smile
ACE can be easily customized by its GUI (Settings->Skin Settings->Main menu). You can define/use Video and Audio nodes, playlists, add-ons and favorites. Unfortunately you cannot use XBMC builtin functions (May be it can be seen as enhancement request for the future?)
I'm pretty sure you can modify one of the many XML files ACE have. But there are many and they are large. So I didn't try to choose this direct way and used an indirect way: Define a favorite and use it in the main menu.

1. Define a favorite:
Open your userdata/favourites.xml (or create one if you don't have it yet)
Add the following line(s):

<favourites>
<favourite name="SAT/Radio">XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 33,0, 12,0)</favourite>
<favourite name="SAT/TV">XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 32,0, 11,0)</favourite>
</favourites>

2. Use these new favorite entries (I defined both, Radio channels and TV channels) with the usual ACE customization GUI and attach them to new menu buttons. Deactivate the regular Live-TV button instead.

That't is!
Moppi1988

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV menu w/o TV/Radio channel/EPG top menu?0