Android FireTV Video Time always 00:00 no stepforward
I had this problem then restarted the FireTV and it went away. I haven't seen it come back but I also just received my FireTV a few days ago.
This on an unrooted FireTV with latest firmware (7/27) and XBMC 13.1 stable.

I have both mediacodec and libstagefright enabled, per the default configuration. I'm afraid people may have disabled mediacodec without rebooting their FireTV first, leading to the assumption this is part of the fix.
I'd be interested to know longterm testing with mediacodec off vs on. I'm going to see how well it works for me with it enabled.
If it it does need to be restarted occasionally that is acceptable to me. I still have my AppleTV2 which is what this was meant to be an upgrade from- and I can say that XBMC on ATV2 needs to be restarted occasionally as well due to various issues that popup over time.

As an aside, I'm impressed with the FTV's XBMC playback of 1920x1080 files. I saw some slowdown occurring before I restarted my FTV, but overall I'm pleased. The robust hardware and 1080P support were the main draws to the FTV. The fact I can get Amazon's updates and not lose my XBMC sideload is pretty great. I won't be surprised if this doesn't become the dominant platform for XBMC, and I hope it brings Amazon some money in return for such a nice hackable box.
Droidtv MX, android version 4.2.2 updated to Gotham 13.2

When I watch shows or movies the bottom progression line and running time remain 00:00, so if i stop a show/movie and go back to it then it will ask me if I want to start from beginning or resume, but resume time is 00:00. Add-on content.

Disabled Libstagelight, mediacodec, and the third because I had only sound no video. Played with the three on and off of there was solution but then I have no video only sound ........

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV Video Time always 00:00 no stepforward0