Linux Post installation scripting?
Hi all,

I'm playing around a lot with XBMC, (re)installing it quite often. I wonder how (if) it's possible to create some kind of post-installation script that configures the XBMC installation the way I like it.
For example, setting the wallpapers, shares, etc. I can write a script that updates the XML-files for these things, but what would be nice and elegant way to go about this??

Thanks!

PS: It was kinda hard to put this question in the correct forum, but I think this should be the place, if not, I'm sure an admin can move it if this isn't the right place.
I guess exporting/importing the library just doesn't do it for you? Why not just copy the entire userdata folder, of course you may miss the add-ons so copying the entire roaming folder would handle that.
That might work, however, i was hoping for something that I can just add to my installer as a post installation step, so that after installing all is ready. By the way, I'm mostly using the NOOBS installer.
Thought I saw a back-up program add-on This forum might have some answers http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129499 I don't have a lot of experience with NOOBS installer, don't own a Rasp Pi but I suggest that anyone that is looking for deeper control over XBMC get familiar with it's operation and places that matter in the file structure. It would seem a short script to copy the userdata folder or roaming directory over to a temp holding folder then back out after a re-install would do it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post installation scripting?0