Gotham Bug or missing Feature??
Hello @ All

Not shure if it's a Gotham Bug (or just a missing Feature??), so i decide to Post here instead of the Gotham Bugtracker.

If i Play Radiostreams from a Playlist (m3u) No Icon ist shown. As Long as i start the Stream from an Addon (Radio.de for Example) it shows me the Icon (logo) of the Actual Station. But as soon as i Add this Station/Stream to a Playlist (m3u) and Play the Stream from there, theres no Icon while Playing the Stream.

Bug??

Maby a Bug, But cause i dont knew the behavior how XBMC handles such Streams (does it make a difference if the Streams started in a Addon or by XBMC itself from a Playlist) i can't tell what causes the issue.

Just to mention it.
Plugins are considered 3rd party software, and more or less out of the scope of XBMC as a media player.It may be possible to add some graphics manually. For an icon to be available it would have to be handled by the author of the add-on with the idea that the plugin would be called by a playlist as a stream. A feature suggestion for better integration of 3rd party plugins, might bring some positive response for this missing feature or approaching the original author of the add-on might get some reward.
(2014-05-12, 21:29)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: If i Play Radiostreams from a Playlist (m3u) No Icon ist shown. As Long as i start the Stream from an Addon (Radio.de for Example) it shows me the Icon (logo) of the Actual Station. But as soon as i Add this Station/Stream to a Playlist (m3u) and Play the Stream from there, theres no Icon while Playing the Stream.
My radio stations are .pls files. Showing them in music files mode, they have no icon, because they're unscraped files. So I made custom thumbnails for all my stations (only 8 or so) in Photoshop (just square jpg's with a background and a logo) and renamed them as .tbn files. This way, they show up as icon for my stream files. Works with .m3u as well.

So you should have:
- "Radio Station Name.m3u"
- "Radio Station Name.tbn"

in a folder.

Opening this folder in music files mode will now show the icons, which should also show up in a playlist. Of course, this is not a very attractive option if you want hundreds of stations with icons... Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Bug or missing Feature??0