my apartment theater
Here is the current stage of my apartment project.

watch gallery

Construction:

The theater is located in my loft area, so i needed to construct a wall. naturally i went with pvc for its cheapness, lightness, and bonus awesomeness factor when i tell people i made this out of pvc, some bed sheets, blackout fabric, and magic.

for the new wall, we sewed 2 queen size sheets side by side, then longways with light proof fabric for the outside of the wall. and the opposite existing wall got a king sized black sheet screwed to the wall along the top.

the top of the stage was framed with pvc and tensioned with the black string. was then covered in a part of a king sized black sheet that was used for the top stage and the side curtains.

the bottom of the stage is just a storage rack with a wood board top covered in another black sheet.

the air circulation manifold in the left side bottom of the stage has a 465cfm blower fan that pulls air from the other side of the new wall into the theater.

the back window in the theater is covered with light proof fabric. we sewed magnets across the top and sides of the fabric, and glued push pins into the wall to hold it around the window frame.

Equipment

server:
6 core amd 16gb ram ~18tb storage
virtual machine host for my ControlCenter that manages my media centers and other fun vms.
mediaserver 3, subsonic host.

theater:
athlon 3x core 4gb ram running openelec gotham
Acer H6510BD projector

kitchen:
xios ds running linux frodo
asus 23" monitor and external speakerbar

bedroom:
dell inspiron core2 duo with 4gb ram running openelec gotham
samsung ~36" 720p plasma.

the last picture is a sneak peek at my antique piano bar conversion, made in England in 1879.

Next Stages

top and bottom masking system for the theater, will hopefully be adjustable and remotely controllable so it can move for whatever content im playing (16:9/21:9).
will eventually get a real receiver and speaker system, but my current creative 5.1 is doing the job so far.. dont want to piss my neighbors off too much before i start making acoustical panels.

General Setup

all the xbmc boxes are synced using the mediabrowser3 server and the xbmb3c addon to use the server as media library. Check out the forum here.

and is controllable through my control center here and my xbmc remote here

watch gallery

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
my apartment theater0