Req Conditional Textures
Okay- this may be a ridiculous request, but would it be possible to add support for conditional textures in Image controls for Helix? So many other attributes support conditionals, I think it is kind of crazy textures do not. I also noticed a request was made for this like 6 years ago and it was mentioned it was planned, but to date we haven't seen support for it... figured it couldn't hurt to bring it up again.

The more I work on my skin it becomes more and more clear that this would cut down on a crazy amount of skinning code.

Basically instead of having to do this-

PHP Code:
            <control type="image" id="100">
     <
visible>Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(movies)</visible>
     <
posy>20</posy>
     <
width>1280</width>
     <
height>100</height>
     <
texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Art(clearlogo)]</texture>
     <
fadetime>100</fadetime>
     <
aspectratio scalediffuse="false">keep</aspectratio>
</
control>

<
control type="image" id="101">
     <
visible>Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(movies)</visible>
     <
visible>IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(clearlogo))</visible>
     <
posy>20</posy>
     <
width>1280</width>
     <
height>100</height>
     <
texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.path]logo.png</texture>
     <
fadetime>100</fadetime>
     <
</
control

We could do this-

PHP Code:
            <control type="image" id="100">
     <
     <
posy>20</posy>
     <
width>1280</width>
     <
height>100</height>
     <
texture background="true" condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(clearlogo)">$INFO[ListItem.Art(clearlogo)]</texture>
     <
texture background="true" condition="IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(clearlogo)">$INFO[ListItem.path]logo.png</texture>
     <
fadetime>100</fadetime>
     <
</
control

Oh, and I know about fallback and/or variables, but I see this as being a different use case and could definitely be useful.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

Does a variable not work?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Variables will do exactly what you want.
You can use variables to do this, but there is overhead associated with variables, particularly if you are doing one-offs. I prefer using variables for things that are used repeatedly (ie- the above instance would be added to every video view). However there are quite a few instances where you only need to do something once and to me it just doesn't make sense to use a variable ONCE (why create 4 lines of code when two lines do the job?). Besides, why have conditionality on attributes at all then?
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

But using a variable would reduce the checks because it's stops as soon as a condition is met; whereas your code it would be checked twice even if the first condition was met.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Conditional Textures0