Re-add "Now Playing" to Context menu
I have searched for this answer for a while and have been forced to use an RC version of 12 simply because somewhere in the development cycle the option for "Now playing" on the video context menu was removed. It's now in the left hand side of the menus (IF the skin supports that and that's a big IF as most do not support this method.)

Is there a way to simply re-add the now playing to the context menu?

(I like to load up a lot of tv shows at once and I use the now playing window to see what's coming up next and use it a lot so this feature is rather important to me.)

Thanks for any help or a direction on what file to edit to get back the functionality that has been there since the dawn of time. ;D
You make it almost sound like the functionality has been totally removed whereas it's simply been moved. It's unlikely to be moved back as a decision was taken to make sure only contextually aware items appear in the Context Menu as it was starting to get overcrowded, and there is no simple way to re-add it.

Personally I find it better placed along the with the player controls in the side menu, but then I stick to using Confluence as my skin, what problem do you have with it being there?
(2014-05-13, 15:34)jjd-uk Wrote: Personally I find it better placed along the with the player controls in the side menu, but then I stick to using Confluence as my skin, what problem do you have with it being there?

Particularly in "touch" mode accessing the side menu is a hassle. Also it seems a step in reverse. If I click the context menu to queue up say a few shows I have to open the side bar now to get to now playing, whereas the old method I just pressed down a few times and I was at now playing, I use confluence as well but I have to use a modded skin as I can't get the library function to work so when I click on videos and music I want it to go to files and not the library that only seems to show 1 out of 10 episodes of a season of something. I was hoping it was as simple as just plugging in the "link" in the confluence skin but that's proving to not be as that easy.
Well, i think its a step backwards. Ever thought of skins using kiosk mode to disallow unwanted view-changes (by your kids or someone else) or similar? Now it's unaccessible when not mapped to a key and sideblade is not allowed due to kiosk mode enabled.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Re-add "Now Playing" to Context menu0