Show removable drives in Files view
When I insert a USB flash drive containing some music, it automatically is recognized by XBMC, and it shows up in Music > Files. But it does not show up in the XBMC Remove iOS app. There I only see the folders which have been added as sources. I'd love for this to be fixed because I run XBMC headless sometimes.
In the other views of the iOS app (albums and artists), you can drag down to update the list. It seems like we should add that same feature to the files tab, to search for new sources.
one question: after that the USB flash drive is recognized by XBMC, if with the remote app you exit and re-enter into the files section, the new USB folders aren't displayed?
Nope. I even tried quitting and relaunching the app.
The app also doesn't show my 'storage' partition. I'm running OpenElec, so 'storage' is the name of a USB drive which is always connected, that stores all XBMC media and user data, etc. This shows up in XBMC Files view, though I haven't added it as a source. (I just add specific sub-directories containing media).
So apparently, the remote app is programmed to only show media sources, not directories.
can you try to enable the option "show all files in filemode" under the device settings > xbmcRemote > App settings section to see if something changes?
Api does not return removable devices as sources like usb mounted and DVD drives Sad

Maybe you can push this old request and be more listened Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show removable drives in Files view0