Burn CDs / DVDs from within XBMC interface? Many HTPC media center software has this
Lightbulb 
there are much people that are using an
a external pc-dvd rom in their xbox.i think its also possible then , to plug a dvd/cd burner on the xbox.

will xbmc support dvd-burners or perhaps burning with cd/dvd burners in the future ?

it would be a nice feature =)

(sorry my english is bad)....

greatz majo...
Intel P35 C2Duo 2,4 ghz 2GB Ram
ATI 3650 over HDMI @ Samsung LE37
Realtek AZELIA Sound
Windows 7 32Bit - XBMC Rev25986-dx
Lightbulb 
Having a "Burn to DVD" option in the movie info screen would be awsome. I've had a decent amount of times where I've watched 1/2 a video with a friend and would have made them a copy if I could have easily done it. Obviously doing this with an ISO would be a lot easier than a MKV.
Probably be safer to put that in the file manager so it doesn't look like we're advocating piracy. Wink
Sorry to bump this historical thread but now that XBMC moved towards computers I'd love to be able to use XBMC to burn cds (mainly audio) or have some option allowing me to prepare a playlist to be saved in a format that Nero can recognize and burn.

My audio collection is mainly structured to use XBMC's database capabilities folder wise and I realized that searching through the tracks with the explorer of Nero is taking longer and longer with more database features being added (like music fanart).

Thoughts?
Yea this was the ONE feature I liked when I tried MP1.0.
Hi,

nothing new about burning with xbmc?

Edit:

This Project should be the goal: http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/cdrecord.html

Quote:Cdrtools - Highly portable CD/DVD/BluRay command line recording software
Cdrtools is a set of command line programs that allows to record CD/DVD/BluRay media.

The suite includes the following programs:

cdrecord A CD/DVD/BD recording program
readcd A program to read CD/DVD/BD media with CD-clone features
cdda2wav The most evolved CD-audio extraction program with paranoia support
mkisofs A program to create hybrid ISO9660/JOLIET/HFS filesystes with optional Rock Ridge attributes
isodebug A program to print mkisofs debug information from media
isodump A program to dump ISO-9660 media
isoinfo A program to analyse/verify ISO/9660/Joliet/Rock-Ridge Filesystems
isovfy A program to verify the ISO-9660 structures
rscsi A Remote SCSI enabling daemon

Cdrtools is a set of 100% free true OpenSource programs that follow the definitions from OSI (originally written by Bruce Perens).

Cdrtools is under constant free and open development since February 1996. The goal for cdrtools development is to
permanently provide a free suite of programs for writing CD/DVD/BD media and succeeding similar products (like e.g. HD-DVD).
Since more than 14 years and differently from the dead forks from this suite, the original software points out that permanent
development to the benefit of the users is the intention of this project.

It is available for linux and windows, works on commandline and writes to a log for interacting with scripts...
I cannot do anything with python so... damn it Big Grin

I like to be a snake so i can do with intention...

How to add a context menu entry in database or file view?
Options:
- Add to queue
- Add to queue and Burn
- Burn queue
- empty queue and Burn selection
- empty queue

Then the logic in form of a py script with the needed intelligence, checking if queue is to much for inserted empty media and so on...
The interaction with cdrtools in case of failure (messages in xbmc).

Maybe an Option for selecting to open the tray after burning...

Any Ideas?

Greetz X23
I really wanted this feature too, so I started work on it.

My git repo can be found here: https://github.com/djcode/XBMC-DiscBurner-Plugin

It is pretty much empty now, as I've been working on the backend stuff like the logic, database structure, platform-compatibility (as the official repo can't hold binaries, logic to add the required packages if linux and download the correct binaries if windows etc.) when something actually usable is created I'll push something out.

I've been crazy busy this year, so it sits until I can do more of it from time to time. When uni, work, life gets quieter I will be burying my head back into this.
If anyone is further ahead in this project than me, I'd love to contribute what I've done so far!
Is there a burning-feature in sight meanwhile? XBMC's new ability to watch and record TV is increasing the need for this.

Compared to a HDD-Recorder XBMC's menus look a lot better. However, burning records (with DVD-menu) and cutting advertisements are still possible only with HDD-recorders.
Thanks for reviving a 7 year old thread, but in case you haven't noticed, CD/DVD died long ago. So a wild guess: no, not 'in sight' but in rear mirror
bred_pitt - it's not easy to do in a multi-platform way and I don't think we will bloat the XBMC core with this (we're actually trying to simplify it and outsource features to easier to maintain addons) - but once binary addons are there, it should be possible to add this feature via addons.
Quote:Thanks for reviving a 7 year old thread
No problem. Laugh but it wasn't me - the threat is up-to-date because of topic.

Quote:it's not easy to do in a multi-platform way

ok, good point. XBMC needs a different burning-engine for every platform. I hope for addons. The one from jollyollyman for linux didn't finish up to now... Sad
Quote: CD/DVD died long ago
Are you kidding? I just try to use Bluray. Forget it man! It's hardly in use and the copy-protection prevents usage of discs on valid hardware! I'm not only talking about linux-trouble. It's not working on windows too. You have to buy a new powerdvd with every new version released. Same with TMT. New blurays just don't work. New version: 99 bucks - usable for a limited time only. Bluray is just in danger!
CD burning is not dead....and thats the reason why I looked into Kodi: I need something from which I can mix playlists and instantly burn to CD. Windoze mediaplayer does this, but I need a Linux-solution.

Was this feature request skipped or is there any solution on the horizon?
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Er, I mean; Kodi is not the application you are looking for.

Kodi in its core is a media frontend/player, as in a living-room set-top box, not a desktop media manager app.

Perhaps an addon could do it, but why?
The car I bought last week has a 6 CD changer. I have spent the evening so far in K3B on linux writing playlists to audio cd. Fun, but perhaps not a core Kodi task.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Burn CDs / DVDs from within XBMC interface? Many HTPC media center software has this0