Random crashes
I have been using NextPVR and recently upgraded to Gotham. With the previous Frodo XBMC I could happily watch a channel for many hours without a crash. Now I get random crashes saying "Next PVR client not available"

I simply stop the video and relaunch the channel and everything is ok.

Has anyone else expierienced these issues?

Thanks
Do you have timeshift enabled or disabled?
(2014-05-14, 21:47)sub3 Wrote: Do you have timeshift enabled or disabled?

Just curious, what's the recommendation? I just installed NextPVR, and I think I turned it on. If that option is still experimental, I'll probably turn it off. I watch so little live TV it really doesn't matter either way.
sub3 - I will check this evening but I believe it is enabled. Out of interest, what is timeshift. I saw a post earlier which had about disabled being HTTP and enabled being NextPVR protocol. But is there an advantage to having it enabled?
The reason I asked, was because I just submitted a change that fixed a scenario that cause this when timeshift disabled. Not sure how long it'll take for that change to make it through to the next public XBMC release.

(2014-05-15, 13:24)GrantXP Wrote: Out of interest, what is timeshift. I saw a post earlier which had about disabled being HTTP and enabled being NextPVR protocol. But is there an advantage to having it enabled?
With timeshift enabled, you can pause/skip/ff/rw etc in live tv.

The two modes work a bit different, so if you're having problems with one, try the other.
Timeshift was disabled. I switched it on and it actually seems to have solved the crashing as I ran it for around 30 minutes yesterday and an hour this morning with no issues. So I appreviate the help.
Great.
Spoke too soon, this is still not working I just got lucky. Even if it is on it still crashes Sad
I am getting the random crash once in awhile as well and I do have the timeshift enabled.
It's not that often but does happen when changing channels alot, in particular when I do the channel change using the remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random crashes0