Win Custom Home Items and Collections
Hi,

I'm pretty new with XBMC and the transperency Skin, so please don't hit me for stupid questions ;-)

I'm running XBMC 13.0 on a Windows 7 x64 System, with Transperancy 6.0.6.

I'm observing the XBMC Project for quite a Long time and now I'm ready to give it a try.
So after initial Setup I looked for a fanart Skin that supports custom home items, and found this Skin.

I already have a big movie collection which is tagged and organized for Windows Media Center and the "Filme" Plugin.
So I use a 3rd Party to to migrate the collection to xbmc.

The tool creates the nessesary nfo files, downloads and organizes the covers and fanarts.
Looks pretty good so far.

now my questions:
I have some movie collections, which are tagged as set in the nfo file. the used tags are
Code:
<set>Back to the future - Collection</set>
<set>Lord of the Rings - Collection</set>

But somehow These tags seem to be ignored. I don't know if the Skin uses other techniques to create collections, or if it is a general problem.

My second question is, can the submenues be rearranged?
I added some genres as favourites and activated those favourites as submenues to the movie menu, but they are shown at the end of the submenulist.
for me it would a very nice feature if I could see those on top of the submenu list.

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,
John
If the set information in the .nfo you provided is in the library, then it will show up as a set. Things that may impede this are, the .nfo hasn't been re-scanned locally, more than one set in the .nfo listing and the usual villains. A quick scan through my sets, and I don't seem to find the hyphen before the world Collection... hmm. If you're using Gotham (and you should be), handling sets is really easy. There are other methods to segregate and categorize, but sets is one of the easiest.

No, the menu layout has options for adding sub menus as listed. My recommendation would be to take one of the 'custom' menu buttons and label it appropriately, with 10 sub menu labels in your order. A lot of people have asked for custom ordering of menu buttons etc; atm this is pretty fixed to the skin in the vertical button mode.
Hi and sorry for the late reply.

I doublechecked the nfo files, and there is only one set-tag per file.
I'm in Database mode and I rescanned the files, but the sets are not showing up, only if I build sets manually via the GUI.

But thanks for the infos.

best regards,
John

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Home Items and Collections0