XBMC asks of extracting subs from RAR-files
XBMC asks of extracting subs from RAR-files. Could this please be disabled/customizable? It's very common to have movies with 13-14 languages subs so they are normally 100-200MB... I hear it's hardcoded to 50MB. A bit small eh?
turn subtitles off?
uh yeah. no i would like the subtitles thank you
you have your subtitles wrapped in a rar file and store them along with the video? Or is it one RAR that contains video + subs? I personally mux subtitles into my MKVs where they also get zipped internally
50MB of compressed text is more like 1,000 movies worth of subtitles...
* Martijn mumbles: stop using rars
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
extracting rars take time. and i would like to retain them in the original format. for example, it's easy to detect which movies have errors if you get bad sectors on your drive etc.
That's fine, but how is it that there are RARs of subs that are larger than 50MB? That's a LOT of text.
subs aint necessarily text you know. these are vobsubs. images.
(2014-05-15, 18:24)ironic_monkey Wrote: subs aint necessarily text you know. these are vobsubs. images.

Oh come off it, no one does that. Not a single one.
yeah as this thread clearly shows nobody use vobsubs. nobody. cause ned doesn'
If I understand you, the only bit you don't like is the prompting that it will be extracting a large file?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-05-16, 08:31)ironic_monkey Wrote: yeah as this thread clearly shows nobody use vobsubs. nobody. cause ned doesn'

Sorry, I should have clarified that no sane person would do that (distributing, that is. No offense to the users) :P

But hell, you're right spiff, the existence of a single feature request thread clearly shows that it is totally normal. My bad. I guess I should think twice now about feature request threads for people who want to read ebooks on their TVs or those who want to install XBMC on toasters, since there are threads for those too.
Vobsubs distributed alongside movies is actually reasonably popular, albeit less so nowadays than it used to be, as nowadays I guess they OCR them.

XBMC has supported it for the last 10 years or so.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

so... i know this might sound like a single user request. however i think most people don't care of pressing Yes to this Extract large file warning. All I'm saying is that it might be about time raising the 50MB hard coded number a bit...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC asks of extracting subs from RAR-files0