XBMC asks of extracting subs from RAR-files
thanks jonathan.
I'd prefer to remove the warn size completely and just show the progress bar with a note that a compressed archive needs to be extracted first.

I am looking at a similar issue right now. At the moment we're opening a progress bar dialog for files > 1M. This is pretty annoying from a user experience perspective as opening and closing the progress bar takes more time than the actual extract job. In most cases you can't even read the dialog.

I'll try to make it act a bit smarter by waiting and checking progress in order to decide whether to open the dialog or not.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I'm not against the requested changes here, just wondering why one would keep 13-14 subtitles languages when he's concerend about disk space and compressing them in rars
The user is not compressing them. They obtained them already compressed. It's entirely by design to be like it is.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I could say the same thing about a lot of poorly encoded video files :P

Keep in mind, I have no objection to this request, so basically I'm just being a pill.
Thanks Team XBMC.
In case you haven't been following, this provides a base to build off (by moving the guilib stuff out of unrarlib so it's more easily modified).

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5000
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC asks of extracting subs from RAR-files0