Clean Library Confirmation for each source
Hi all,

I recently passed to gotham stable..

when I clean library now xbmc ask me for every source what he have to do..

delete or keep?

there's a method for set to automatically delete not found films? like frodo...
This means your source is offline.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-05-14, 22:59)Martijn Wrote: This means your source is offline.

ok, but if I move a entire folder of film (50 films for example) from a disk to another I have to confirm cancellation of 50 sources...
it's not good..
Then you set your sources wrong. You don't need 50 sources, only one on the main folder.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
deleted
(2014-05-14, 23:05)Martijn Wrote: Then you set your sources wrong. You don't need 50 sources, only one on the main folder.

this is my folder structure:

Film -> I -> Iron Man
in this:
Extrafanart
Iron Man.avi
disc.png
ecc..

if I change folder name from Iron Man to Iron Man 2 xbmc say that source is not found and ask for delete of entry in database..
in frodo the old entry was deleted automatically..

I don't think that my folder structure is wrong..

another think that for me si bad is that you cannot abort clean library if this popup is continaully showing..

i have to shutoff xbmc to abort..
You want Film/Iron Man/

You should add Film/ as your only source. When you do that, check the boxes for individual movies in each folder and scan recursively. Then, scan the contents of Film/
(2014-05-14, 23:42)whitebelly Wrote: You want Film/Iron Man/

You should add Film/ as your only source. When you do that, check the boxes for individual movies in each folder and scan recursively. Then, scan the contents of Film/

this is only folder structure..
in xbmc sources i have choose Film

here's my sources:

here's content:

if hard disk BAZZU05 is disconnected for every film it say:

i'm using xbmc from 1 year ago and all is ok..

I'm returning to first question:

there's a method to disable the delete/keep popup when i clean library?

if for example I move all films with 'A' to another drive I have to confirm delete for about 100 films..
If you clean the video library from the SETTINGS ->VIDEO ->LIBRARY menu, it should delete all movies from the library that are no longer correct without asking for any confirmations.

Its a bit difficult for me to follow due to the language barrier, but you may have found a bug. That is, deleting a missing source requires confirmation for all sub-files while in the video/files menu. If that is what is happening, it seems like a bug.

Also, you may want to check SCAN RECURSIVELY in the source menu.
I found this post
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1594191
It explain the logic of confirmation request..

I don't say that this logic is wrong..I say that that will be correct to let the user choose the cleaning method in options..
Auto delete or ask for confirmation?
I experience this as well!

When I update the library and it automatically cleans it afterwards, I have to confirm for each movie that has been deleted if I want to remove it from the library. I have only two sources, 'Movies' an 'TV Shows', which are scanned recursively. The check for source availability should only prompt user if all or maybe most Movies or TV Shows are missing/gone. A bit tiresome to accept each movie for removal from the library....
The Real Skimshady
In the past, I would only see a prompt after I selected a movie that had been deleted or is missing. It sounds like this behavior has changed, and might be considered a bug or an "undesirable behavior".
If someone wants to make a new ticket for this on trac, I think that would be acceptable. At the very least, it sounds like a situation that could be improved, either automatically or by some kind of setting.
Now registered in Trac:

Ticket #15232

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15232

Wink
The Real Skimshady
(2014-05-21, 02:44)bthusby Wrote: Now registered in Trac:

Ticket #15232

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15232

Wink

Thx for opening ticket..

The solution for is to make a options with the choose between old method (Frodo) and new method (Gotham)..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean Library Confirmation for each source0