Clean Library Confirmation for each source
+1 for being able to disable confirmations here
I don't agree that the old Frodo method of just deleting everything when the Source is disconnected/offline is something anyone wants...

I feel that XBMC should be made simple and only identify when all / most entries in the library are missing suddenly, and interpret that as NAS being down / offline, and ask user if he wants to empty library. In cases with just one or a few movies missing they should simply just be removed automatically without bothering the user.

Sounds OK to people?
The Real Skimshady
That sounds a lot more complex to code into XBMC for testing if a source is offline.
(2014-05-28, 09:42)bthusby Wrote: I don't agree that the old Frodo method of just deleting everything when the Source is disconnected/offline is something anyone wants...

I feel that XBMC should be made simple and only identify when all / most entries in the library are missing suddenly, and interpret that as NAS being down / offline, and ask user if he wants to empty library. In cases with just one or a few movies missing they should simply just be removed automatically without bothering the user.

Sounds OK to people?

I asked this month ago in watchdog add-on thread and the answer is simple..
Xbmc don't know if a source is disconnected/offline or are deleted..
In Windows you can know this..In xbmc no..

Infact when I do a library clean I have to put on all my hdds..
(2014-05-26, 03:04)javamarket Wrote: +1 for being able to disable confirmations here

The confirmation on the deletion could have three options. 1) Cancel, 2) Confirm Deletion, 3) Confirm for All

The wording might be improved, but you get my point. Choosing "2" would result in the present behavior, choosing "3" would eliminate further confirmations for the present update/clean.
This sort of thing is common in Windows at least. When it wants a confirmation you have options no, yes for this, yes for all. I can see the idea probably was in case a source is accidentally offline/unreachable you don't want to blow away your whole library . The current method I kind of like as it confirms that it is cleaning up a folder, but I haven't tried to do it with more than 1 or 2 folders deleted so it hasn't been an annoyance.

scott s.
I was looking at the ticket and since there doesn't seem to be a way to comment on that directly(or any comments from the developers as to what is planned), I'll share my thought here.

The simple way around this would be to test that the drive is online first. If the drive is online, proceed with the cleaning and don't prompt, or prompt and give the user the option not to prompt. If the drive is offline, ignore any entries from that drive, unless of course that drive had been removed from the source list entirely. I had that problem when retiring a network drive and moving stuff to a new network or local drive shortly after updating to Gotham.
Yes, I think I agree with you on at that one!

If the source is offline prompt only once if user REALLY wants to remove all movies belonging to that source. Or else, if the source is online, don't prompt the user at all, if just a movie or two is gone, just clean them away Smile
The Real Skimshady
This is basically what happens, or what is supposed to happen. The multiple prompts is a bug. XBMC tests to see if the whole source is off line or if it is just one file, then should prompt which should include the entire source, rather than several prompts.

I'm not sure if the issue is in how XBMC tests or how the prompts are handled or what, but Montellese is on the case. The issue here seems to be that two different bugs are happening, one that has been identified, and one that hasn't been reproduced yet.

bthusby, could you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you trigger this issue and then upload the log directly to the trac ticket?
Ok, I will watch a couple of movies this week. Then delete them in one go while debug is turned on, immediately thereafter i will trigger a manual library update.

And post the debug log here... Smile

Should this thread be merged with this thread by the way (same issue)?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182715
The Real Skimshady
(2014-06-02, 13:55)bthusby Wrote: Ok, I will watch a couple of movies this week. Then delete them in one go while debug is turned on, immediately thereafter i will trigger a manual library update.

And post the debug log here... Smile

Should this thread be merged with this thread by the way (same issue)?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182715

Yes.. threads are for same problem..

They was created in two different moments..

I've created this before found the other..
Hi, hopefully we have all we need now to find out why I get prompted for each movie that is missing when I do library update in XBMC, instead of a single check if the source server is missing alltogether Smile

I turned on Debug mode, and I deleted a bunch of movies, 5 or 6 I think, and then did a library update in XBMC.

XBMC prompted me for every movie as usual during the cleanup, and I had to confirm each to be removed from the library.

Here is the debug log (see from around 19:24 until the end): http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=219036

I have installed the latest version of XBMC Gotham 13.1 on my ATV 2 Big Grin
The Real Skimshady
Fix may come in 13.2 (or maybe only in 14.0 depending how big the changes are)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It is a serious nuisance that the Clean Library always stops with a prompt for confirmation.

I run Update Library with Cleaning included every night, and if one or more Movie(s) have been deleted, the cleaning has stopped and a prompt awaits me when I sit down to watch something on XBMC the next day. And often many prompts, one for each movie deleted....

Hope the fix will come to Gotham.... Smile
The Real Skimshady
+1 for disabling confirmations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean Library Confirmation for each source0