Win PVR tutorial for dummies?
Sad 
Hi guys, really I cannot understand how to watch Live Tv on my Xbmc.
There's any video/thread step by step tutorial that will help me?

This is my setup:

Acer Revo 3610
Windows 8.1 pro
Xbmc 13 Gotham

What do I have to do? I have tried to install first NextPVR but I couldn't even see live tv there.

Please give me a hand!!!

Thanks
Have you tried to follow The XBMC Live TV and PVR/DVR Setup Guide ?
(2014-05-15, 08:58)ulibuck Wrote: Have you tried to follow The XBMC Live TV and PVR/DVR Setup Guide ?

Yes, I have installed NextPVR on my PC and left any configuration as it is. Opened XBMC, enabled the addon and configured it as described on the guide (which actually meant touching nothing):

Quote:IP Address
The IP address of the server running NextPVR. 127.0.0.1 can be used if it is running on the same machine.
Port
The port number of the NextPVR web server. The default port for the web server is 8866.
Pin
The pin number required to connect to NextPVR. Leave this as the default 0000 at this stage.

Then, still in XBMC, enabled the TV Live setting but then I get nothing.

I don't really understand what should I do now. Do I miss something on the configuration of 1) XBMC addon or 2) NextPVR on my PC or 3) both?
Do you have it working in NextPVR itself? If it's not working there, then it isn't going to work in XBMC either.

In NextPVR, make sure you've scanned for channels, and can watch them via the 'Live TV' menu option. If that's working, then we can progress on to XBMC.
If you are on windows and have WMC (windows media center) you could try the ServerWMC backend and pvr.wmc addon (I am one of the devs working on this plugin btw). It is quite easy to setup for windows/WMC users (it also supports non windows as clients, but the backend/server has to be on windows with WMC present). Check the Windows Media Center sub forum here: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=205
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Do you have the needed "TV tuner adaptor to create a video or audio stream" in your PC and have it connected to your sattelite dish / cable outlet / terrestrial antenna?

If yes you need to check if it is working as per sub3's post.
(2014-05-16, 09:05)ulibuck Wrote: Do you have the needed "TV tuner adaptor to create a video or audio stream" in your PC and have it connected to your sattelite dish / cable outlet / terrestrial antenna?

If yes you need to check if it is working as per sub3's post.
There you go... I think I've got my answer. To watch PVR Live Tv I need, obviously, a TV Tuner.
I thought I could you use PVR to watch Live Tv through the internet connection, not only through satellite/cable/antenna.
Sorry, I'm not really good in these things.
Since I don't have either a satellite dish, cable outlet or terrestrial antena I guess this will not heppened.
You thought everyone else in the world had antennas or satellite dishes on their roof just for fun?

If you're looking to receieve terrestrial TV (that's called DVB-T) all you need is a cheap USB tuner (they usually cost 10 euros) and a small antenna. Some tuners ship with a small antenna bundled, if you place it near a window the signal is usually good enough.
(2014-05-18, 10:02)negge Wrote: You thought everyone else in the world had antennas or satellite dishes on their roof just for fun?

Yes I did Tongue

(2014-05-18, 10:02)negge Wrote: If you're looking to receieve terrestrial TV (that's called DVB-T) all you need is a cheap USB tuner (they usually cost 10 euros) and a small antenna. Some tuners ship with a small antenna bundled, if you place it near a window the signal is usually good enough.

thanks for advise! I will strat to look for it tonightSmile
(2014-05-18, 10:02)negge Wrote: If you're looking to receieve terrestrial TV (that's called DVB-T) all you need is a cheap USB tuner (they usually cost 10 euros) and a small antenna. Some tuners ship with a small antenna bundled, if you place it near a window the signal is usually good enough.

Can you adivse any TV tuner in particular for Acer Revo 3610?
I have bought this one, hopefully will be ok with the Acer REvo
August DVB-T205 USB Freeview Tuner Stick
Any stick using the RTL2832U chip will work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR tutorial for dummies?0