No album coverart display for uPnP
I have a Synology NAS acting as a DLNA server for all of my music. The music is stored in folders (albums rips) in FLAC format, with a single cover.jpg image in each folder.

I use XBMC to play the music, which it does magnificently. XBMC also correctly shows the cover.jpg on screen when playing any tracks within a folder, when selected directly from the computer running XBMC via uPnP, which again is great.

However, when I use the official XBMC control app on my iPhone, things behave a little different. I am still able to find and play the music, however, the cover.jpg image is not shown with the tracks anymore (on the iPhone or the screen).

I also have a Sony receiver which plays back via DLNA, the music on my NAS and shows the correct coverart, when driven directly, or when controlled by any of the current DLNA control apps. So I am guessing that it is possible.

What I would like to know is whether this is a missing feature of the XBMC iPhone app, or XBMC, or is it a configuration error on my part?

Cheers,
Bernie.
I have just installed another XBMC app and the behaviour is the same, so I am guessing that this behaviour is related to the XBMC, rather than the remote app. The XBMC software is the current release (updated on the device).

Cheers,
Bernie.
--Edited--
On further investigation, I have also found that as well as missing cover art, the tracks are displayed in alphabetic order, rather than "track number" order. The cover art is cosmetic, ignoring the track number order is more severe. I will find another area to post that observation.

Incidently, this observation was made on after XBMC was updated to version 13.1, so it is a current issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No album coverart display for uPnP0