No art on Pi after MySQL, not using pathsubstitution
So I setup a MySQL-DB on my Synology NAS to sync my Watched State, Import State and so on.

1. Windows PC with XBMC 13.0 Gotham
2. Raspbmc on a Raspberry Pi with XBMC 13.0 Gotham
3. Synology Nas with DSM

Everything worked perfect on the PC so I copied the advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml to a freshly installed raspbmc.

Both the PC and Pi could read and populate the MySQL-DB perfectly.

The only weird thing is, is that the Pi has NO thumbnails, Fan-art, poster, nothing....
I'm not using pathsubstitution so Gotham should store the art locally.

(I never had this working before Gotham)

Anybody got an idea how to get the art back?[/code]

My AdvancedSettings.XML:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.1.16</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_video</name>
    </videodatabase>
    <videolibrary>
        <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
        <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

My Sources.xml
Code:
<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.16/volume1/video/Movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>TV Shows</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.16/volume1/video/TV Shows/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Concerts</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.16/volume1/video/Concerts/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Cabaret</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.16/volume1/video/Cabaret/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Religie</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.16/volume1/video/Religie/Video/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Insanity</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.16/volume1/video/Insanity/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Science</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.16/volume1/video/Science/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>LocalBackup</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.16/volumeUSB1/usbshare/LocalBackup/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>C:</name>
            <path pathversion="1">C:\</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
        <source>
            <name>music</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.16/volume1/music/</path>
        </source>
    </music>
    <pictures>
    </pictures>
    <files>
    </files>
</sources>
Can't tell without a debug log (wiki) - there should be errors in the xbmc.log when the Pi tries to cache thumbnails.

Two things though:

1) Using the <name> tag can sometimes lead to problems with addons (that assume the default database name) so IMHO it's best to leave it out and stick with the default database name
2) Obviously the C:\ source isn't going to work on the Pi. You could instead share the C:\ drive and then mount it as smb:// which would work for both the PC and Pi.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi there.
Isn't this just the same issue that I was wondering?
I did not push this forward at all, because I wasn't sure about the outcome.

I have just the same setup as above. Smile

An idea:

If I also setup MySQL server and both RPi and PC are using this, library will work great.
If I manually copy PC's thumbnails folder to RPi, will it work?
(2014-05-16, 09:18)realjobe Wrote: If I manually copy PC's thumbnails folder to RPi, will it work?

If you copy the Textures13.db from the PC as well, it should, yes. But how do you plan on keeping them in sync, regular copying of the PC Thumbnails folder+Textures13.db to the Pi? And what about the different imageres/fanartres qualities that your PC is most likely using compared with your Pi? You may find your PC (which is more powerful, and capable of caching higher quality artwork) creates cached artwork that is sub-optimal for display on your Pi.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I haven't been home, so I didn't have the opportunity to provide a LOG-file yet.

But the weird thing is, all new TV Shows - Episodes the episode image is visible... (maybe this is a clue to the solution Blush )
(2014-05-16, 11:19)MilhouseVH Wrote: .. But how do you plan on keeping them in sync, regular copying of the PC Thumbnails folder+Textures13.db to the Pi? And what about the different imageres/fanartres qualities that your PC is most likely using compared with your Pi

My Library keeps quite static, so no worries about updates... That images resolutions seems to be the issue here...
Got my log-file here: xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=205826

So I think the problem is in here:
Code:
22:28:34 T:2779509824   ERROR: COMXImageFile::ReadFile nfs://192.168.1.16/volume1/video/TV Shows/Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D/fanart.jpg not found

But I don't know why it's looking on the NFS for art. Because I didn't use Pathsubstitution.
Anybody got an idea how to tell XBMC it has to look for art on the Raspbmc?

This is my advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.1.16</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_video</name>
    </videodatabase>
    <videolibrary>
        <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
        <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

anybody got an idea how to tell XBMC it has to look for art on the Raspbmc?
(2014-05-20, 11:47)Sardar Wrote: But I don't know why it's looking on the NFS for art. Because I didn't use Pathsubstitution.

Because that's the location of the fanart for this show as it appears in your media library, so XBMC has to read it once in order cache it (and store it locally), but for some reason it can't read that file.

If it's a matter of the host being offline then pre-load your cache while the host is online (see script in my signature).

(2014-05-20, 11:47)Sardar Wrote: anybody got an idea how to tell XBMC it has to look for art on the Raspbmc?

That's not how it works.
Milhouse, thank you for the tip. I'll try it and let you know.
So I executed the texturecache.py. (I think) it worked.

Weird thing is that when I execute: ./texturecache.py s "Family Guy" I get:
Code:
pi@raspbmc:~/.xbmc$ ./texturecache.py s "Family Guy"
000486|2/2a192fe1.jpg|0000|0000|0001|2014-06-01 20:09:40|2014-06-01 22:09:36|nfs://192.168.1.16/volume1/video/TV Shows/Family Guy/Family Guy - 12x17 - The Most Interesting Man in the World.tbn
000487|1/1cf328f6.jpg|0000|0000|0001|2014-06-01 20:10:05|2014-06-01 22:10:04|nfs://192.168.1.16/volume1/video/TV Shows/Family Guy/Family Guy - 12x18 - Baby Got Black.tbn
000488|2/26165fcb.jpg|0000|0000|0001|2014-06-02 10:01:54|2014-06-02 12:01:53|nfs://192.168.1.16/volume1/video/TV Shows/Family Guy/Family Guy - 12x19 - Meg Stinks!.tbn
000489|4/4046b07d.jpg|0000|0000|0001|2014-06-02 10:01:59|2014-06-02 12:01:58|nfs://192.168.1.16/volume1/video/TV Shows/Family Guy/Family Guy - 12x20 - He’s Bla-ack.tbn
Matching row ids: 486 487 488 489

And in my Raspberry Pi I also only see these images. The posters, banners, fanart and stuff are still not showing.

Weird thing is, all the images are in the same folder! The season posters/banners, folder, poster, fanart, episode info, everything!

Does anyone know why the raspberry Pi doesn't see all the images?
Move your episodes into a "Season 12" folder, likes so:

Code:
Family Guy
+---Season 12
     +---Family Guy - 12x17 - The Most Interesting Man in the World.mkv
         Family Guy - 12x17 - The Most Interesting Man in the World-thumb.jpg
         Family Guy - 12x17 - The Most Interesting Man in the World.nfo
         Family Guy - 12x18 - Baby Got Black.mkv
         etc.

then remove and re-scrape the entire "Family Guy" tvshow.

Also, you can replace your episode tbn files with "-thumb.jpg", as the .tbn extension is now deprecated.

The "seasonXX.tbn" files can also be removed as you already have seasonXX-poster.jpg which should be used instead.
Ok, so I put everything in Season-folders (Sickbeard by default flattens it).

So just to be sure, am I supose to execute this:
./texturecache.py x "Family Guy"
./texturecache.py c "Family Guy"

Isn't it better then to just do this:
./texturecache.py x
./texturecache.py c
Have you removed the tvshow and rescanned it now that you've moved the episode files?

Use the GUI to remove the tvshow (or "texturecache.py remove tvshow #" where # is the tvshowid). Rescan with the GUI or "texturecache.py vscan".

Use "texturecache.py P" to get rid of unused artwork from the cache.
I've:
- moved the episode files (all Shows and Seasons are in different folders)
- removed Family Guy in the GUI
- rescanned the complete library in the GUI

Result: Still no Artwork for movies and TV Shows

So I tried it with the Artwork Downloader Add-On.
I set it up to download Artwork for Movies & TV Shows

Result: All the Artwork for Movies is now available, still no Artwork for TV Shows

Dunno what to do now...
So that it's possible to view the urls for your tvshow, try:
Code:
./texturecache.py jd tvshows "family guy" | pastebinit
and paste the link.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No art on Pi after MySQL, not using pathsubstitution0