How and where is everyone storing Music Videos?
Music 
I am adjusting my folders for Music and Music video and am wondering if I should be storing the videos into the music folder under the artist name instead of just throwing them into a music video folder?
Currently my structure looks as such............ music/Artist name/ Album/files for video I have.......... music video/artist name/file
I am trying to cut down on the added artwork that would be duplicated for each artist and thought if I put the videos into the music folder XBMC would then display the fan art and such from there but not sure how the videos would be scraped then. Ideas and thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks
Never tried so did a test using XBMC 13.1 Beta 2. Tried both ways and got exactly the same art added. The thing is for music, it stores folder.jog in the song folder as album thumb, and stores folder.jpg and fanart.jpg from the songs' parent folder as artist thumb and fanart.

For music video, it takes a screenshot from each video as the MV thumb, or uses music_video_filename-poster.jpg as the thumb.

At least that is how it works in my configuration.

scott s.
(2014-05-16, 00:38)scott967 Wrote: Never tried so did a test using XBMC 13.1 Beta 2. Tried both ways and got exactly the same art added. The thing is for music, it stores folder.jog in the song folder as album thumb, and stores folder.jpg and fanart.jpg from the songs' parent folder as artist thumb and fanart.

For music video, it takes a screenshot from each video as the MV thumb, or uses music_video_filename-poster.jpg as the thumb.

At least that is how it works in my configuration.

scott s.
Thanks for the reply.
I guess what I am looking for is lets take as an example the album "Fun. - Some Nights"
In my music folder I have another folder called Fun. Inside of that folder is the album folder "Called Some Nights", along with extrafanart folder and fanart.jpg, inside this folder are all the tracks along with the folder.jpg, album.nfo, front.jpg, back.jpg, cd.png and th eM3u playlist. All works fine so far.

Now I go into my Music video folder and I have another folder called Fun. Inside of this folder is Some Nights.mp4 and We Are Young.mp4 along with another folder.jpg which happens to be the same .jpg as the Some Nights folder.jpg inside the music folder.

What I am trying to do is have just my music folder with the artists folder and inside of that hold all the files for said album, be it a mp3,flac,avi,mp4 or whatever and let XBMC grab the same info for said album. Then when I browse the Music library I could then link the videos to the same artist or album. The same way we can link movies to a TV show.

Maybe I need to delete all my nfo files and start again from scratch.

Am I over thinking all this or is there a way to accomplish what I am thinking about?
Not sure how much of that local art you have is actually being used. It also depends on if you are using core XBMC or skin-enhanced art. As I posted, putting the music video files in the music artist folder worked fine in my test (I have advancedsettings set to ignore .m4a files in music library -- don't know if that affects scanning mp4s as music). I'm guessing a lot of the local art you have is totally ignored, at least in core XBMC. From what I've seen in skins, it might be possible to set where to look for art, separate from what XBMC core scanner does. Then use something like artwork organizer addon to centralize it. For music files, though, you really want to have them in album folders.

Another consideration is if you exclusively use library views, or also use file views.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How and where is everyone storing Music Videos?0