How to get rid of the top status bar showing available item info?
to be clear, this semi transparent bar does not appear when i am in main menu but appears in movies, music etc on top most part of the display indicating clock in the middle, available items in the right side and now playing media if something is being played. i wanna disable it or hide it
Best way is probably to open up includes.xml and search for "topbar". Add the following code inside the topbar control:

<visible>false</false>
where is includes.xml
addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i

And to be clear, it'll have to go after the control group, like this:
Code:
    <include name="Topbar">
        <control type="group">
            <visible>False</visible>
Thanks man
dude i have a problem SadSad changing the file doesnt seem to take any effect, and there is no includes.xml only admin.xml
when i change <visible>False</visible> under <visible>False</visible> nothing happens. even the skin doesnt crash. please help me out
bro it seems that it aint working as i am saving it with txt extension ... would you please edit the xml for me, i dont know anything about editing xml. please help me out. thanks
Assuming you're on windows it's something like: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i\includes.xml

As for editing xml files, notepad works just fine. The key is making sure that when you "save as..." the file type is "all files" not ".txt". See the screenshot if you're confused...

http://i.imgur.com/raYfhjn.png
bro top bar is still visible, just the number of videos, music etc has gone...
Then you did it in the wrong spot? here's before and after for me...

With one little change:
Code:
    <!-- Navigation Bar -->
    <include name="Topbar">
        <control type="group">
        <visible>false</visible>
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,-90" end="0,0" delay="800" time="480" condition="Window.Previous(home)">WindowOpen</animation>
            <animation effect="slide" end="0,-90" start="0,0" time="480" condition="Window.Next(home)">WindowClose</animation>
(2014-05-16, 06:51)Vaikin Wrote: addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i

And to be clear, it'll have to go after the control group, like this:
Code:
    <include name="Topbar">
        <control type="group">
            <visible>False</visible>

many thanks for this Big Grin
I followed the instructions in this thread to remove the "topbar", but there is still a shadow where the bar was. What specifically do I need to edit in order to remove this shadow?

Here is a screenshot of what I'm referring to. Notice the shadow that runs all along the top of the image above the red arrows.

I'm running Kodi 15.2 and Aeon Nox 5.7.3.

I'd appreciate some advice on this matter. Thanks.
(2016-01-31, 00:00)Shinjiru Wrote: I followed the instructions in this thread to remove the "topbar", but there is still a shadow where the bar was. What specifically do I need to edit in order to remove this shadow?

Here is a screenshot of what I'm referring to. Notice the shadow that runs all along the top of the image above the red arrows.

See this commit.
(2016-01-31, 00:11)BigNoid Wrote:
(2016-01-31, 00:00)Shinjiru Wrote: I followed the instructions in this thread to remove the "topbar", but there is still a shadow where the bar was. What specifically do I need to edit in order to remove this shadow?

See this commit.
That's what I needed! Thanks for the help and for all the work you've done on Aeon Nox.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get rid of the top status bar showing available item info?0