Solved Gotham on Ubuntu 14.04: Missing video options?
Hi. Recently from Ubuntu 13.10 to Ubuntu 14.04 and in the process XBMC was upgraded to Gotham. My HTPC is an older i3-530 with built-in Intel graphics (HD 2000 I think). I've noticed that after the upgrade, XBMC's advanced video rendering options appear to be missing (no longer is there an option to toggle VAAPI/VDAPU, etc).

Video still seems to render okay in general. Hard to say if CPU usage has remained unchanged. I've seen some occasional studder on 1080p movies though I cannot rule out a network hiccup in those cases (video is streamed over NFS from another server on the LAN).

Is this indicative that XBMC is using a different video driver than before? If so, what driver(s) should I be using? I don't recall explicitly installing any customized drivers when I installed Ubuntu 13.x...

Thanks.
enable expert settings mode, then go to the acceleration tab
Many thanks!

I'd been using the Aeon Nox skin which doesn't appear to support changing the settings mode (didn't see it with Aeon MQ5, either, though I didn't spend much time looking). Switched back to Confluence, found the menu option, changed to expert settings and now the 'Acceleration' menu item appears in the other skins also.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham on Ubuntu 14.04: Missing video options?0