ID3 tag editor built-into XBMC (ID3v1/ID3v2 Tags Editior)
i've recently replaced my dash with thc dash. i uploaded all music files through to xbox ftp as wma so thc dash would play them. but i'm always playing music in xbmc too, soo just thought this would be a nice feature that could be added Smile
has anybody thought of implementing an id3 tag editor in xbmc? especially for those keeping the entire mp3 collection on the box itself this would be great...

cheers
this has been mentioned before.

the main argument against it is we'd need to write tag writers (rather than just readers which we have now) and the xbox isn't exactly the most friendly tool to use for inputting data. a pc is far better in this regard (mouse + keyboard standard + gui is easy to do).

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hey, i think i has a pretty good idea today. i updated my xbmc mp3 archive today was in the process of labeling each so the album information would recieve correctly, when i released it would be much easier if xbmc could auto do this for me.
like say you have a folder, and you want the album information in every mp3 in that folder to say the same thing, itd be easier if there was an option that let you manualy type in a name(say, amnesiac) and have all the mp3s album information now say the thign you typed in.

i know there are already programs for the pc that do this, but it would make everything a lot easier if it could all be consolidated to xbmc, so the only pc work regarding music would be ftping.
how about a tag editor within xbmc that overides the original mp3 one. i`ve edited the tags on some albums with a few different programs, checked them on the pc, and they show correct, when i send them to the hard-drive and play them with xbmc, the tags are different, so my albums are totally screwed when using big list in music. best example i can give is my oasis mp3, on the pc, they show all the correct information, when sent to the xbox, tract 2 and track 10 go change name. the files remain with the correct folder, but information changes. so how about a id3 tag editor? please lol
ages ago i started a python script that would do this.

i'll see if i can find it again and finish it off.
nice one, media centre is awesome, but i`d really like this feature
searched the forum seeing if this was ever suggested. didn't see it though.

i think a tag editor for music files would be neat, something that could edit the tags on xbmc without the need for a computer. something that might be able to select multiple files and change all their artist tags to one artist, or album tags to one thing would be nice, even the genre tag would be cool. mainly what made me feel the need for this was i have cds ripped at different times over many years that i had burned to cds in mp3 format and i might not have had internet connection at one time or another and some didn't get tags automatically filled in by cddb (and i was lazy and didn't fill all the info in), so my music library in xbmc was a bit messy when i dumped them all on there.

i know i could just copy them all over to the computer and edit them with a tag editor of some kind on it, but this would take out the step of needing the computer.

if this has already been suggested somewere i apologise. that and i have no idea how hard it would be to impliment something like this. by the way, thank you to all that are working on xbmc, you guys rock!
this has been mentioned before but a very long time ago... and imho would be a nice touch indeed especially if it could make use of the online databases to retrieve info automatically like some pc tag editors do. Smile
a tag editor would be so handy!

awesome idea
wonder if it would be possible to add this to the "manual" entry of information for imdb lookups for album art and such.

like if you have to enter the information manually it would have an option to save the information entered to the id3 tag. and if there is not any information available to use to do a imdb lookup it would automatically go to the manual entry screen and save what oyu put in. which would be better then the unable to contact error you get if there is nothing there. though it is just the artist and the album even that alone would be awesome.
If you are like me you have a huge number of songs and sometimes you find little mistakes in your tags (Mispellings, incorrect genres, ect...)

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a menu option for tagging instead of running to the nearest computer/server/whatever you use and fixing it?
I'd like to see this implemented too. I'm not sure if I'd use it that often, but I have some friends who have xbmc but no computer or net connection. That makes it impossible to rip their music and have any sort of identification. It'd be great if you had the option to enter artist/album names when ripping cd's and there is no net connection.
Is it possible to edit the music genres (or better yet, create music genres)? If this is possible, how can I tag the different files/folders to a specific genre. What I mean by this is I would like to tag albums with what genre I think the music should be in (grunge, rock, shoegazer, spacerock, neo-folk, alternative folk, hardbop, indiepop, twee, scratching, dub, experimental, etc....). I scanned my folders and files, but I really don't like the genres that the music was placed inNo , I want it to be what I think it is.

Sounds like I need to do some mp3 tag editing- can this be done on the xbox? Can someone point me in the direction on how to do thisHuh
thanks.

J
you need to retag your files. you cannot do this with xbmc. try google.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ID3 tag editor built-into XBMC (ID3v1/ID3v2 Tags Editior)0