ID3 tag editor built-into XBMC (ID3v1/ID3v2 Tags Editior)
I use an application tag&rename.
It will tag albums using information from freedb.org and/or amazon.com

I find it works very well
One more thing... If you retag your files, be sure to check for any APEv2 tags attached to the files. Xbmc prefers these tags. (The exact preference is APEv2, then ID3v2, then ID3v1.)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
A simple ID3 tag editor would be nice to add artist and album info to some of the music files i have that do not already have these set.

It's a pain to transfer back to computer to edit, then back onto Xbox to replace.
Why would you put them on your xbox? Stream them. That is one of the best things about XBMC!

J_K_M_A_N
jmarshall Wrote:this has been mentioned before.

the main argument against it is we'd need to write tag writers (rather than just readers which we have now) and the xbox isn't exactly the most friendly tool to use for inputting data. a pc is far better in this regard (mouse + keyboard standard + gui is easy to do).

cheers,
jonathan

To be honest, I'm so desperate for this feature that I really don't care about the unfriendly input methods.
I just find this thread while googling for a solution. 6 years later it seems that there is still no solution at all which is maybe a result of the multi Plattform architecture. To follow this idea a completely embeded mp3 tag editor had to be written in xbmc (Kodi). ANother solution would be to offer an option to embed an mp3 editor of your choice into the context menu. So it would need a field in the context menu of a track / album that open the track or album in a mp3 editor the user select in the settings before. This would make things much more comfortable. Maybe there exist already a plugin like that but I didnt find one at all.
KODI 19 Matrix RC 1
Intel® DZ87KLT-75K with I5 4670 Haswell CPU
DD Cine S2 6.5 | DVD viewer | Silverstone SST-LC16B-M
Personally i think there are far better interfaces for tagging your library than a remote control. The 10' interface is great for watching, but anything that requires a lot of typing it's pretty awkward.

By the way you win this week's necro-post award.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think that "XBMC is not a music manager" sums this up why it's not implemented

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201891

XBMC is meant for media consumption, not for media management / tagging

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ID3 tag editor built-into XBMC (ID3v1/ID3v2 Tags Editior)0