Aeon Nox 5 - How to add network folder to menu
Hi Community,

How do I add a Network folder to my custom menu or submenu. Something like \\NAS\volume1\Movies

In v4 I could just pick a name and location on my NAS or local storage and ad this to the menu or submenu. Now in v5 there are this Menu Action (ActivateWindow...). Under submenu there are a lot of predefined items
but I cant find any that lets me pick a folder. I never ever use playlists and I don't want to use them.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Does it let you pick a source?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I would like to pick a source but where? Under ManageSubmenu there is no source.

Am I missing something?
Add the folder to your favourites. Point the submenu to that favourite. Delete the favourite.
(Though it's possible adding a favourite can cause the submenu not to load favourites thanks to a bug I missed - in which case you'll need the latest git version of skin shortcuts.)

You're not the first person to ask network locations. I think I can extend the add-on explorer code to do it, at least for sources that have been added to videos > files. If so, I'll add the code this evening.
Video source explorer added to skin shortcuts git. From "Video Library" group, select "Files..." then browse to the source you want a shortcut to, and select "Create shortcut to here...".
Hey, Thanks for looking into this and creating the fix!

Just wondering if I use the wrong way but I would have thought that the ability to add a network or local source as a link is a crucial part.... or how are you guys adding movies to the menu or separating them? Of course you can just use Movies but with a lot of movies and kids libraries it can get pretty messy.

Cheers!
(2014-05-19, 09:52)BlazeBlade Wrote: Just wondering if I use the wrong way but I would have thought that the ability to add a network or local source as a link is a crucial part....

The fix allows this, so long as it's added as a source via Videos - Files - Add Videos...

(2014-05-19, 09:52)BlazeBlade Wrote: or how are you guys adding movies to the menu or separating them? Of course you can just use Movies but with a lot of movies and kids libraries it can get pretty messy.

I used to use playlists, now I use custom video nodes (wiki). I know you say you don't want to use playlists and that's absolutely fine, but that doesn't stop them being one of the best ways to solve your problem Smile And, as BigNoid suggested, there's also the option of favouriting anything you want on the menu, and adding it that way.
thanks!

hmm..I will give the playlists a go. Smile
You edit the main menu under the skin settings

Under the menu action you edit to point to your network path so where you see ActivateWindow you will change to...

ActivateWindow(Videos,smb://YOUR URL HERE/,return)

If you want to add it to the submenu, then add new item and choose custom actions and add the above.

(2014-05-16, 10:48)BlazeBlade Wrote: Hi Community,

How do I add a Network folder to my custom menu or submenu. Something like \\NAS\volume1\Movies

In v4 I could just pick a name and location on my NAS or local storage and ad this to the menu or submenu. Now in v5 there are this Menu Action (ActivateWindow...). Under submenu there are a lot of predefined items
but I cant find any that lets me pick a folder. I never ever use playlists and I don't want to use them.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 5 - How to add network folder to menu0