PS4 Controller Volume Constantly Going to -60dB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbsgJewU7LY

I took a video explaining the problem. The program I'm running to operate the PS4 controller is http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper

I'm running Gotham 13.1 on Windows 8, Core i7-4770K, and the problem occurs on every skin.
Turn off the joystick control Settings->System->Input devices.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

If I do that, I can't use the controller at all to control XBMC, which is what I was hoping to do.

Edit: Is there any way I can disable volume controls through joystick?
Reading this page helped me figure out how to rebind the controls on the controller. As the program I'm using for the PS4 controller is meant to emulate an Xbox 360 controller, I simply copied over the default Keybindings file for the Xbox360 controller (inside Program Files/XBMC/system/keymaps/) to the %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps folder. I didn't have to make any adjustments; simply having the new file there resolved the issue. I deleted the file and the issue resumed. I replaced the file and it went away again. Ergo, having a verbatim copy of the default file in the custom keybindings folder resolved the issue, for whatever reason.

If anyone having a similar problem finds this thread, I hope this helped.
I fixed this problem. Xinput wrapper creates a fake XBox 360 controller in your system devices. The problem is, XBMC uses both the PS4 controller and the fake XBox 360 controller to control the program. PS4 controllers aren't designed for PC, so the axises are messed up by default. To fix this, you have to "Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps" and delete the "joystick.xml" file.

TLDR: Delete Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps/joystick.xml
I haven't tested this myself, but I think it's possible to use an advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file to also define a bigger deadzone for the controller's analog sticks.
Thank you, deleting "Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps\joystick.xml" fixed the problem for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PS4 Controller Volume Constantly Going to -60dB0