XBMCTex - The Textures.xpr Generator
jgawera Wrote:Has anyone tried building textures.xpr using XBMCTex while in a remote desktop session?

Ohh, I'm not alone. Sounds weird that it seems only to occur in RDP-Session. I tried to build XBMC and had the same problem even though I don't know what XBMCTex is. If I have to go to the maschine to build XBMC, I got a problem Wink

greetz
ff
Confirmed:
XBMCTex does not work over a remote desktop connection.
I've tried a local build and it worked just fine.

Does anybody know if this can be fixed?

Thanks
J
Dunno. I don't have time to investigate. It is failing to init the D3D device. Perhaps googling some info up on it will be helpful?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Can you extract a XPR file with this tool? If not, how can I extract a XPR file? Thanks!
I'm curious about what criteria this uses to determine how to pack the texture. I have two textures that are 720x128, but for some reason they are being packed at different dimensions, with one of them going way up to 1024 width and wasting a lot of space.

Here is a snip from the log:

Code:
list_bg_128.png:                           720x128  X8R8G8B8->LIN_A8R8G8B8  768x128  ( 6.25% waste)
list_bg_dropdown_128.png:                  720x128  X8R8G8B8->P8       1024x128  (29.69% waste)

And here is the command line for XBMCTex:
XBMCTex -input media -quality high -output media -noprotect >> pack.log
P8 is paletted 8bit. It happens if there's less than 256 colours in the texture, but must be a power of 2 size.

Still less memory, even though it's bigger.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCTex - The Textures.xpr Generator0