Most Played / Last Played / Alpha blurring etc.
Figured it was as good a time as any to throw these ideas out there. No idea if or when they could be implemented, but some blue sky stuff never hurts.

1) Most Played, Last Played, Total Played etc.
I've toyed with this for a while now - having something swish in and out of the homepage reminding ppl of their viewing habits. Helps personalise the whole experience, imo. I figured you could at least do the Last Played thing by just assigning a SetString onclick command to every list and panel, updating the same value each time. You can't do that, though, as wraplists and such don't allow onclick commands. As for the other stuff, I guess that's trickier.

2) Alpha blurring for transparent objects
For those that like the Vista look, and glass stuff generally. This is a bit "out there" for a feature request, granted, but I'd imagined something akin to the diffuse textures for reflections and gradients, but which applies a gaussian blur to whatever's underneath. This is the last ingredient for my own glass frames and panels, and if it ever came to fruition might even open up whole new possibilities for clear glass panels.

3) The ever-elusive Wall views
DONE. (Though they could still use wrapping).

Just a thought, like.
I have to admit alpha blurring would indeed be very nice to have Smile I'm not expecting anything there anytime soon though myself Sad

The wall view (or kaleidascrape view, or tiled view, or its billion other names that people have assigned to it) is something we all want I think. I really hope it gets added too. If not though, maybe there is something there with the icon panel that could work to fill its place like you suggested.

Also, being able to call last played out of each category would be very nice for sure, there are a couple of ideas i've been tossing around that could really use that
Hehe... Imagine:

Wife/GF comes home from work and sits down to continue to watch the 3rd season of <insert girly show here>, and flashing at her from the screen is "Last played: Jenna Jameson and girlfriends does Las Vegas.avi"

Ngh!

-C-
ChristianW Wrote:Hehe... Imagine:

Wife/GF comes home from work and sits down to continue to watch the 3rd season of <insert girly show here>, and flashing at her from the screen is "Last played: Jenna Jameson and girlfriends does Las Vegas.avi"

Ngh!

-C-

Great first post Big Grin

LOL!!!!
Profiles! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Most Played / Last Played / Alpha blurring etc.0