Gotham 1080p videos stutter
I am back after a few tests.
I checked two 1080p movies. It seems stutter free.

Here is my log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=209238

And here are my settings.
Image Image

Image Image
HTPC
Kodi: 15.1 Isengard
Mainboard with CPU: MSI E350IA-E45,
RAM: Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3 Kit (KVR1066D3S8N7K2/4G)
HDD: 64GB SSD Samsung MZ-7PC064D
Case: C+ CS-160 Mini-ITX
Functionality is changed or broke since Gotham 13.0 RC1+?! Using the same configuration, same computers, etc "Sync display to playback" always worked with the exception to a few branches during the AE implementation. This was not in issue in Frodo or most of the early Gotham Beta's/RC's.
I was having this problem at one point but this is what fixed it - Change your resolution to 720p and the stuttering will stop. Even when you play something that's 1080P, it will play at the correct resolution and will stop the stuttering at all resolutions. I'm not sure why, but I know that fixes it.
I had the same problem after switching to gotham (all videos stuttering).

You don't have to change sync options, resolution or other usefull options.

You just have to disable the option "-Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" under "Video output" options. (You must be in fullscreen to be able to modify this option)

Even when I had this enabled, stuttering got fixed with the following steps:

1) I started xbmc in window mode. (no stuttering yet)
2) I turned xbmc to fullscreen. (stuttering begins)
3) I turn again to window mode and start another application, like notepad. After starting notepad stuttering stops.
4) I can get in fullscreen , start / stop videos without any stuttering any more.
5) If I exit xbmc start from 1)

This probably should be filed as bug report for kodi...
I had the exact same problem, plus I pretty much had the same configurations set as the original poster.

This is what for me eventually helped:

- Complete deinstal of Gotham
- Fresh install of Frodo, put your settings as they were last time it worked
- Then, I installed Gotham again OVER Frodo (instead of the fresh install of Gotham in the first place).

And suddenly no more stutter while using Gotham
"Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" fixed it for me as well, but not an option I can use. The TV is a 2nd monitor on my system, I use the primary as a computer screen. Soon as I click anything on the main screen, focus is removed from the TV and the screen minimizes.

Are there any stutters with the new KODI? I'm always hesitant to upgrade because sometimes it makes things worse for me. Smile
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
(2015-02-16, 01:56)THRobinson Wrote: "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" fixed it for me as well, but not an option I can use. The TV is a 2nd monitor on my system, I use the primary as a computer screen. Soon as I click anything on the main screen, focus is removed from the TV and the screen minimizes.

Are there any stutters with the new KODI? I'm always hesitant to upgrade because sometimes it makes things worse for me. Smile

All you need to do is copy your user directory, in Windows this is %appdata% - Roaming - XBMC - *

Once you've down that, install Kodi and that directory will change to Kodi.

If you don't like it then uninstall Kodi and install XBMC Gotham, then copy the back up you made earlier back to a directory called XBMC.

It's that simple.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Well, I installed KODI, which when installing has the option to move the data for you if you want.

Question was, was the Gotham stutter issue fixed with KODI?

The fullscreen window fix wasn't an option for me, and if not working in Kodi... I'd consider dropping back down to Frodo again.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Whereas for remarkably little money you could have a dedicated HTPC like a chromebox, and bask in the joy of helix.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
... or, for even less money, if the problem is fixed it costs me nothing.

Well, I installed KODI last night so I'll play with it today and see if it's fixed or not, since not likely to get a yes/no answer.
(2015-02-16, 07:02)nickr Wrote: Whereas for remarkably little money you could have a dedicated HTPC like a chromebox, and bask in the joy of helix.

you mean XBMC (Helix) on the chromebox would not have this 1080p stuttering problem? Thanks. I am trying to fix it with the FireTV, MK808B.
No I mean his problem, which is related to using a 'second screen', would be eliminated.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
funny that my Pi 2 box has no problem at all with XMBC, and it even plays MKV 3D and my dedicated HTPC with i3 core has all sorts of problem, including the mentioned stuttering 720p, 1080p and can't even play 3D MKV naturally

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham 1080p videos stutter0