Awesome build and another satisfied customer (friend)!
Just had a friend over recently and he loved my setup. Anyhow,....he wanted my exact build. So I built him a slightly updated one and he loves it. Here's what I used:

[CASE]
SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX Media Center/HTPC Case ML03B (Black) $79.31 and free ship.

[CPU]
AMD A6-5400K APU 3.6Ghz Processor $54.99 and free ship.

[CPU COOLER]
Scythe SCBSK-2100 BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B CPU Cooler $45.99 and free ship.

[CPU THERMAL PASTE]
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound $7.56 and free ship.

[MOBO]
MSI Socket FM2/AMD A75/DDR3/SATA3&USB3.0/A&GbE/MicroATX Motherboard FM2-A75MA-E35
$129.99 and free ship.

[SSD]
Crucial M500 120GB SATA 2.5-Inch 7mm Internal Solid State Drive $72.00 and free ship.

[RAM]
Kingston Hyper X Blu 4 GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 Desktop Memory 2 x $52.06 and free ship.

[POWER SUPPLY]
SilverStone Strider 400W, 80 PLUS, Active PFC Power Supply $44.99 and free ship.

[BDROM]
LG Electronics 14x Internal BDXL Blu-Ray Burner Rewriter $69.33 and free ship.

[REMOTE]
Ortek Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition
$12.40 and free ship.

[KEYBOARD]
Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad $28.09 and free ship.

[HDMI CABLE]
AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable (6.5 Feet/2.0 Meters) - Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return $5.99 and free ship.

[OS]
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit $87.58 and free ship.

Now I know there'll be some critique over certain items or prices,...but who cares,..this build works perfectly, makes the user happy,..and that's all that matters! You may have noticed that I used the Windows 7 OS instead of 8,....do yourself a favor,...use 7!
That's a quite powerful HTPC, not just XBMC box. What do you guys use it for besides playback?
It's not as powerful as using an i3,....but let's just say,...it get's the job done.

It is used for just about everything and anything,....mostly movie/tv.
He plays a few games on it and they play very well.

He wanted me to install a cable card,..but I told him to hold off for a short time until he gets used to it.
And you didn't take picsHuh
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-05-16, 21:28)jammyb Wrote: And you didn't take picsHuh

This is probably my 100th build,...and I still get so excited to put the system together that I forget to pull out the camera.
By the time I remember, half the system is already together. Duhhh on my part!

Anyway,...since my A6 build resembles almost exactly this build,...you can see pictures here.
These are step-by-step of the build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Awesome build and another satisfied customer (friend)!1