Logitech Harmony 650 MCE Help???
I have a harmony 650 and when i set it up as Media Center PC in the programing software it all works pretty good but there is no options to use and letter keys to assign to buttons, when i set the remote to MCE in programing software i get the options to set any keyboard key to a button but non of the programing works. I have an MCE IR receiver from ebay.

What should i set the device to in Logitech software? Are you guys able to assign keyboard A-Z type keys to your 650's?
What platform are you running on? (OpenElec, Windows etc.)

I had the same problem using a DN2820FYKH where only the standard remote buttons would work but not any of the keyboard letters using OpenElec. The solution was to add this line to autostart.sh which added support for the keyboard:

echo +mce_kbd > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols
How did you set up the remote in xbmc?
What platform do you run xbmc on?
Exactly which remote did you choose in the Harmony utility?
Does xbmc respond to ANY remote command att all?

I run raspbmc with a GPIO reciever and chose the preconfigured MCE remote in the raspbmc settings program addon. I programmed my 650 to a MCE Remote SE. Not all commands work in xbmc and some didn't do what they were supposed to, but after some tweaking (changing functions on some buttons) I got it to work ok. I Didn't try any of the keyboard commands though! E.g the "Movies" command turned out to be the "Back" command...

I'm at work now so I don't have all details, but I'll be happy to answer more questions from home.
Its running on ubuntu/gotham using lirc...
Where is echo +mce_kbd > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols?

Quote:

(2014-05-12, 08:52)asm495 Wrote: What platform are you running on? (OpenElec, Windows etc.)

I had the same problem using a DN2820FYKH where only the standard remote buttons would work but not any of the keyboard letters using OpenElec. The solution was to add this line to autostart.sh which added support for the keyboard:

echo +mce_kbd > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols

(2014-05-13, 11:04)Mattfox27 Wrote: Where is echo +mce_kbd > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols?

Quote:
Bump...anyone got anymore input on this?
Just setup another 650 on myharmony last nite. I chose MCE in myharmony and manually set all the buttons I need.

You tried that? I'm running oE. 4.0.1. My other harmonies work this way too.

Same sorta situation

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1713791
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Ya i tried that and it works but then when i try to customize buttons it gets weird...it shows no buttons assigned. Is there a way to assign it an MCE keyboard so you can send keyboard key commands? When I try that non of the buttons work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony 650 MCE Help???0