Remote Control
Hi, it is true navigating (play, pause, ff, rewind etc) is possible without having to bring up the OSD and move to/from the various options

I was told you could do stuff like this and also type in a time to skip ahead or back via the keypad. I've got 2 remotes and neither will do either. One doesn't have a keypad but also nothing on it seems to do anything. The other is the Panasonic keypad using CEC and that takes you always to the OSD. (Keypad numbers have no effect).

I have to read up as much as could find but not all is that easy to follow. Maybe I have the wrong input device selected, or maybe I need to manually edit the keypad file.
If this is right, could someone's who's done this give me some pointers ?

Thanks, ADKM
With CEC the Play, Pause, Fast Forward, Rewind, Stop, number buttons, direction buttons and select button should all work by default - they certainly do with my Samsung TV remote. I had to remap the coloured buttons and Return and Exit buttons to get useful functions out of them though.

Entering a time with the number buttons then pressing select will indeed jump to that position in the video.

As for your other remote - you'll need to give some actual details on that for anyone to help you - what model is it and how is it connected ?

Also I assume you're talking about navigating video files ? Audio playback has much more limited remote control abilities - play, pause and stop are the only buttons that will do anything useful, fast forward, rewind, number buttons and direction buttons (which jump in video playback) do nothing in audio playback.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
It is video (haven't tried anything else yet). My remote is this one:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing....=724678622

It has a gadget plugged into the pi USB port (IR receiver??)

Someone else with one recommended it and said he just plugged it in and it worked. He also said

"yeah - that remote has dedicated play / pause / stop / FF / rewind buttons etc so you don't need to use the OSD

also, with the directional pad at the bottom (not the mouse wheel at top) forward & back buttons skip forward or back 10 seconds and up / down buttons skip forward and back by 10 mins"

My "R" button did do something once but never again, now pressing any button has no effect. It doesn't have a number pad. The Panasonic CRC does (but has no Select). The navigation control options work with it (Panasonic) but but only after bringing up the OSD screen.

I'd like to learn how to do remote control remapping. Do you have a link to a tutorial? Can the pi show what signal it received from the remote for setting up remapping ?

Also, the Input device setting - should I be altering that to something other then the default ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Control0