Sync problem with Gotham (did not exist with Frodo)
First of all, debug log is here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=203953

Okay, subject says it all. Some videos (not all) are majorly out of sync since updating to Gotham. Log was generated with 13.1 Beta 1, but the same thing happened with 13.0. I'm using refresh rate switching, videos are 23.976 fps, with 24 refresh rate. I've always had the constant sync issue where I have to add a delay in advancedsetting.xml for 24 fps material. I tried it without the advancedsettings.xml file, and it did not make any difference, except that all the videos had the constant sync problem. Disappointed not to see this fixed yet.

Some key points:
This happens whether or not I use audio pass through, or have XBMC decode it.
This happens regardless of what type of audio sync I select (drop/dupe, etc)
The OSD shows the error at 700% or above when the sync is off.
If i jump 30 seconds forward or back, the sync corrects itself and the error goes down to near 0%. Pausing or stopping and restarting will cause it to go out of sync again.
This happens with DXVA decoding. This does not happen with full CPU decoding. This also does not happen if I don't use refresh rate switching.
Videos in question play correctly on v12.3 (and all versions prior to 13.0). They also play correctly with other software.

PC is connected via HDMI to a Pioneer Receiver, connected to a Vixio 55" LCD. Radeon HD6450 graphics.

This was installed on a test machine. It has a much faster processor than the machine I usually use for XBMC (hooked up to the same receiver via HDMI). I wanted to test this out before I gave up 12.3 on my regular machine. My regular XBMC box has a slower CPU (Athlon 64 X2 5600+), and I need DXVA functioning correctly as the CPU is not capable of reliably playing back all my 1080p media. I also require the refresh rate switching, because I don't like the jitter.

I will not be updating to Gotham if I can't resolve the issue. My concern over not staying current is that some day, plugins like scrapers won't work anymore (How long will scrapers for Frodo be updated if the API changes)?

Anyways, any help is appreciated. Please let me know if any other information is needed.
I've waited over 24 hrs, so I am going to give this a bump.
Odd, since Gotham I've found the sync issues to be resolved. I wrote this guide for AMD GPUs and Gotham with images and step by step instructions, see if it helps: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192225
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Thanks Piers. That's a helpful guide, especially the part about the overscan/underscan thing with Catalyst drivers. When I initially switch to AMD from nVidia, this was one of the most frustrating thing that I encountered and figured out how to do it on my own. That guide would have been helpful then Smile AMD Video (formerly ATI) drivers have annoyed me for years. I only switched from nVidia because I couldn't get my video camera 1080i files to play properly with XBMC and DXVA enabled with nVidia.

Looking through the guide, the one thing that I did not try already was the "Pause During Refresh Rate Change" option. I changed it to 1 second and am having much better results. The video starts playing in sync most of the time now. Still not perfect. Sometimes if I pause the video, or do a small jump backward it goes out of sync again and the error % goes way up on the display. Jumping forward 30 seconds or back 30 seconds puts it back in sync.

The one thing I determined is the videos in question that are giving me problems are ones I encoded myself with Handbrake over the last few years. Never had a problem with them until this version of XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sync problem with Gotham (did not exist with Frodo)0