Series record skins
(2014-09-08, 08:17)Hitcher Wrote: I thought addons where meant to supply textures if they needed them?

Is there any way for the add-on to package the needed textures so they can be referenced as if they were in the root of the skins media folder, or would the modified file have to reference the textures in the add-on directory somehow?
This is how other scripts work -

Code:
\resources\skins\Default\720p\
\resources\skins\Default\media\
i'd like to try to bring this thread under the attention of the addon dev again.

addons should really work regardless of which skin the end-users uses.
providing a Confluence only xml with the addon is certainly not the way to go.

also, it's common practice to prefix the xml filename with the name of the addon,
eg. pvr-nextpvr-RecordPrefs.xml, to avoid clashes with skin provided (or other addon provided) xml files.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-12-15, 03:25)ronie Wrote: i'd like to try to bring this thread under the attention of the addon dev again.

addons should really work regardless of which skin the end-users uses.
providing a Confluence only xml with the addon is certainly not the way to go.
I don't think it's possible to make a generic skin file for this popup that applies to all skins. If I'm wrong, please tell me how it's done.

I certainly don't have the time or skills to continually be build skin files for all the XBMC/Kodi skins, so I've only supply the skin file for the default skin. My understanding was that the other skins are the responsibility of their respective authors.
Putting Confluence's textures used in \resources\skins\Default\media\ would help.
(2014-12-15, 03:25)ronie Wrote: also, it's common practice to prefix the xml filename with the name of the addon,
eg. pvr-nextpvr-RecordPrefs.xml, to avoid clashes with skin provided (or other addon provided) xml files.
I just followed the lead of other PVR addons. "pvr.wmc" and "pvr.dvblink" also have a RecordPrefs.xml for collecting their custom recording preferences. Hopefully Kodi will integrate more advanced recording features in the future, and these custom dialogs won't be required any more.

(2014-12-15, 21:30)Hitcher Wrote: Putting Confluence's textures used in \resources\skins\Default\media\ would help.
I'm not sure I follow you. Are you talking about bitmaps etc? The nextpvr addon doesn't add any images. It's just reuses standard elements of the skin. If you're talking about the xml file, none of the other PVR addon's have done this.
Because you're using Confluence's textures they wont work on other skins whereas if you put them in the path above they'd be used for all skins.
(2014-12-15, 23:03)Hitcher Wrote: Because you're using Confluence's textures they wont work on other skins whereas if you put them in the path above they'd be used for all skins.
I don't see any of the other PVR addons doing this. I'm pretty sure my changes would be rejected if started doing this.
I don't know about other PVR addons but I do get asked about yours not working in Conq.

Check out something like script.tv.show.next.aired and you'll see it has reused Confluence's textures so it works across all skins.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Series record skins0