Android Sound but no picture with Gotham
(2014-08-29, 18:42)MeatGrinder Wrote: firmware patches work like a champ Smile
Smile
So you were just teasing me?
No, I was verify that there was a real, valid solution. There is and you have to get it from your box vendor. There's nothing that can be done from kodi/xbmc source code.
I have a Tronsmart S89-H and it has the 108K4 firmware on it. The 13.1 that comes installed in this 108K4 release works with the Hardware decoding and all three of the codecs enabled. I tried uninstalling 13.1 and putting 13.2 on the box, but hit the codecs issue and other minor glitches. So I went back to the Tronsmart 13.1

Here is the link to the Tronsmart firmware if someone wanted to extract 13.1 from it.

http://www.tronsmart.com/download?key=Tr...Vega%20S89

Just follow this path once you download the firmware.....

k200-ota-20140805.zip\system\preinstall
I got everything to work !!!

I used this version of firmware

And installed Omar's 13.2 for M8(amlogic 802)

I then installed iStream and was able to download and install all the repositories for it just fine.

I did reboot once when I was navigating the menus.....

Hobs
Hello
I have a box M8 MX Amlogic Android 4.4 Kitkat Quad Core 4 k 5 g Wifi TV Box XBMC Media Player and installed the latest version of xbmc, a nightly Kodi of 29 August. I can watch movies, but I have to have the amcodec off to see image. It turns out that some 720 p movies creep and I saw a forum to enable Libstagefright and so I can see all movies 720 p 1080 p movies, but the box restart. How can I fix this? Being a box amlogic shouldn't have the amcode enabled?
(2014-08-30, 22:21)marcovicen Wrote: Hello
I have a box M8 MX Amlogic Android 4.4 Kitkat Quad Core 4 k 5 g Wifi TV Box XBMC Media Player and installed the latest version of xbmc, a nightly Kodi of 29 August. I can watch movies, but I have to have the amcodec off to see image. It turns out that some 720 p movies creep and I saw a forum to enable Libstagefright and so I can see all movies 720 p 1080 p movies, but the box restart. How can I fix this? Being a box amlogic shouldn't have the amcode enabled?

See post #34 above for my configuration.

Last night I also discovered that by selecting Hardware Decoding ON and only disabling the amcodec, that XBMC would crash. This is repeatable. I am able to run fine with all three codecs enabled but then encountered the other problem of slim black bars on video playback. I found a fix for that by selecting Custom Zoom and on my system, setting it to 1.003. This eliminates the black bars but no noticeable loss of screen area.
(2014-08-31, 12:45)radyeuk Wrote:
(2014-08-30, 22:21)marcovicen Wrote: Hello

See post #34 above for my configuration.

Give me the link please?
just scroll up to post #34 Smile
(2014-08-27, 20:22)ray g Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 04:38)rodogg Wrote: Hey all, i have a favi smartstick that uses the amlogic codec. mine is rooted so i get to set the hardware acceleration (i think the mx box may need to be rooted too for gotham to get control of the graphics chip).

i had the same problem and saw that libstagefright was turned on so i turned it off. its been working fine so far. mediacodec was already turned off.

for those having the issue, please try to access the settings of XBMC then go to the video category. in video, you will see an option for acceleration. if you dont see it, you need to change the settings level from basic or standard to advanced or expert. if you cant open those options, then you need to be rooted.

if you see acceleration, select it and look for allow hardware acceleration (lidstagefright) and (mediacodec) and just disable both of them. exit, clear your xbmc cache and the xbmc app cache (go into the android settings, applications, look for xbmc and click the clear cache button........DO NOT press the the clear data button). restart xbmc and you should be good to go.
Works good for me

That works for me. Thanks!
I have a box Android M8 MX Amlogic Android and have installed kodi no xbmc and happens that causes cracking in the sound from time to time. What is it? Advise install this firmware?: http://androidpc.es/blog/2014/08/28/nuev...082014-v2/

To see picture i need enable Libstagefright and so I can see all movies. This update firmware corrects this too?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound but no picture with Gotham1