Android Sound but no picture with Gotham
(2014-05-27, 04:38)rodogg Wrote: Hey all, i have a favi smartstick that uses the amlogic codec. mine is rooted so i get to set the hardware acceleration (i think the mx box may need to be rooted too for gotham to get control of the graphics chip).

i had the same problem and saw that libstagefright was turned on so i turned it off. its been working fine so far. mediacodec was already turned off.

for those having the issue, please try to access the settings of XBMC then go to the video category. in video, you will see an option for acceleration. if you dont see it, you need to change the settings level from basic or standard to advanced or expert. if you cant open those options, then you need to be rooted.

if you see acceleration, select it and look for allow hardware acceleration (lidstagefright) and (mediacodec) and just disable both of them. exit, clear your xbmc cache and the xbmc app cache (go into the android settings, applications, look for xbmc and click the clear cache button........DO NOT press the the clear data button). restart xbmc and you should be good to go.
Works good for me
Again, turning off all hardware acceleration is not a solution that will actually work for most people, as most boxes don't have enough raw CPU power to software decode HD videos.
Hey Guys,

There is a dude over in freaktab that rewrote 13.2 to work in the amlogic 802 boxes

Check here:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...2-platform
Wouldn't it be great if the modders at freaktab provided their sources, from time to time...
Amlogic 8xx boxes will be an real issue for the existing amcodec. In the past, the aml hardware rendered to a video hole that was behind the GUI. In their current kitkat source code, Amlogic has closed that hole in order to support the real way android expects playback. This is why mediacodec works now in kitkat based 8xx boxes.

Some box makers have re-opened the video hole. Others have done crazy hacks. Typical Android mess...

There are possible app solutions but they are not pretty. Without a major refactor, amcodec is dead going forward for Android on AML KitKat boxes and above.
Problem is that I see no way to do 4K on a 1080p framebuffer via libstagefright/mediacodec.
So unless there is some other backdoor, amlogic has a problem.

But hasn't Stane said it was an issue with some earlier SDK which has been now patched?
AML already has tricks in place for 4k/2k support.

I talk all the time with Stane over IRC Smile The closing of the video hole was reverted in later SDKs but in the current (openlinux_kk-amlogic_20140823), those changes are gone. At this time, openlinux_kk-amlogic_20140823 is the latest and greatest from AMLogic.
ok, more info. there's a firmware patch series that restores amcodec. will test it later tonight. AML firmware that has this should be ok. No changes required in kodi/xbmc amcodec.
@ Koying, why the hate? Omar said in a post where he got the source.

I have tried his version of the 14.0 Alpha and it works well on my Amlogic 802 box with one exception. When I try to add a local folder in the videos it shuts down XBMC.
I have also tried his version of 13.2 and so far it works well.

Hobs
No hate. Just disappointment.

I don't care where he got its sources, I'd like those guys to at least publish their own modifications, open-source style.
They all keep their stuff closed-source by default.
Hey I'm no expert, but can't you just go into the files and view/modify anything you want?

Hobs
yea, sure. view a binary. that will tell you a lot Smile
firmware patches work like a champ Smile
(2014-08-29, 18:42)MeatGrinder Wrote: firmware patches work like a champ Smile

Hey MeatGrinder, Thanks man. I was stuck. I either had a black picture and sound with 13.2 or couldn't add any repository downloads were stuck at 0% with 14.0.

Could you please give me the link to the latest firmware upgrade/patch for the Amlogic 802 box?

Thanks

Hobs
Sorry, this is closed source patches from AMLogic and I cannot share it without violating NDA's I have in place. Have your box vendor contact AMLogic engineering to obtain the patches. Also the firmware I build for testing is for very specific 802 based hardware, it is not generic and will not work on other 802 based hardware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound but no picture with Gotham1