Trailers Library as a separate source?
I'm running OpenElec and am obviously loving how amazing this piece of free software is.

One thing I'd like to do is add my library of movie trailers as a separate source, I've got loads that I've downloaded over the years, many I don't have the actual movie of so can't put them in a directory with the movie.

What I'd like is them to be in their own library, much like the movie one, but for trailers. Is this possible? Is there a scraper that will recognise movie trailers form their film/directory name?
Certainly, set-up a folder called 'trailers' and enter it as a source of movies... indicate the scraper (I suggest universal scraper) and you should be fine. Good practice is to name trailers the same as the movie inside a folder of the same name and XBMC will treat it as the movie complete with artwork and meta-data. Unfortunately if you actually have the movie and the trailer separate, in library mode, it will appear that you have duplicates, at that point you can differentiate between the two with the edit title function or just re-combine and re-scrape the two with the -trailer designation.

Some trailer add-ons create their own folder and most of the work is done for you.
Thanks for the reply.

I have actually got a separate folder called Trailers, when I added it as a source it started to drop the trailers in the Movie library, even though I'd named it as Trailers (much like I've named TV Shows and that appears a completely separate library). I guess the scraper defines where XBMC drops the content?

I'm probably not explaining very well what I'm after, but what I'd like to see are three completely distinct libraries on the home page, one for Movies, one for TV shows (which is what I already have) and then a third called Trailers...

Does that make sense? Smile
Makes perfect sense, I should have mentioned that the trailers will be included in the library as movies. I made a presumption that you just wanted a collection of trailers (for the most part, the trailers pretty much give away the whole story and the best bits, and from what I can see.. perfectly legal to collect [don't take my word on that though] ) Miss-understanding on my part.

XBMC is either movies, TV shows, or Music (for the most part) You can use smart play-lists to tease out trailers, or create a special node, but they will all show up in the library. If the trailers are located outside the library designated sources you will not have all the nice meta-data showing up, but will retain the posters and backdrops.

There are workarounds, some of the trailer add-ons will download to a specified folder with meta-data and new listings can be manually added, unfortunately you will be hostage to that add-on for the trailer (I've done this in the past, but it quickly became maintenance heavy). It's also possible to have profiles that exclude the trailers, and include everything else & vice-verse. I personally rely on either having the film with trailer or use the trailer link provided by the scrape.
Hm, thanks again, so it sounds like at the moment I can't have exactly what I want... I wonder is there a new feature request in the somewhere around being able to add a new repository that sits outside of the three "standard" libraries as a completely separate entity? Although I've no idea how popular it would actually be, it might just be me that wants it Big Grin
You can put the request in Feature Suggestions, but as you noted a lot of things get done if the demand is present. If you haunt the trailer threads add-ons, you may get a better solution. I have a whole whack of clips that have covers & background art in which I exclude the scrapers, and hence are not in the library, but the folder shows up in file mode and works well for my needs.
Ah, that's a thought, so if I add as a source but don't configure a scraper it will just appear when I view in file mode? That would be a decent interim solution, at least then I can view them via the same media solution Smile
(2014-05-22, 12:55)The Governor Wrote: Ah, that's a thought, so if I add as a source but don't configure a scraper it will just appear when I view in file mode? That would be a decent interim solution, at least then I can view them via the same media solution Smile
Take a look here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Cus...eo_entries
If you want the source on your home screen, you'll need a skin that supports custom home buttons, otherwise you can just add the source to favorites for easy access.
The other thing you can do, is scrape them to the movies library as a "Set" and you'll only have 1 entry in the library for all the trailers.
(2014-05-22, 14:23)wpbpete Wrote: Take a look here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Cus...eo_entries
If you want the source on your home screen, you'll need a skin that supports custom home buttons, otherwise you can just add the source to favorites for easy access.
The other thing you can do, is scrape them to the movies library as a "Set" and you'll only have 1 entry in the library for all the trailers.

Thanks for that link, I'll have a look through it as it seems to fit the need (at least until something more sophisticated come along Smile
Just create two smart playlists. One that points to your trailers directory, and a second that points to all movies except your trailers. Then use those on your main menu for your movies and trailers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trailers Library as a separate source?0