Bug Updating Music Library from Frodo to Gotham doesn't work correctly
I tried this for the 10th time now, with Gotham 13 and 13.1. But I am not able to update the music library correctly.
The first time I start Gotham, it copies the old MySQL Database (v32) and creates the new one (v46). When I enter the music section in XBMC, it tells me to rescan my collection. I let XBMC rescan everything and after a couple of hours (NFS, many files, it is a little bit slow) it finishes. But now I can not see any music at all in XBMC.
Looking into the database I can see that the "songs" table is still populated, with all my songs and ratings, but the "paths" table only contains one entry. This entry is my starting directory (<ip>/mp3s/music). But all other paths (the subdirectories in this folder) are missing.
If I click "update library" again, it takes a couple of hours and my "paths" table is correctly filled. I can see the songs in XBMC, but unfortunately all ratings are gone (they were present after the first rescan).
I have a lot of smart playlists using these rating information, so I need them.

Has anyone experienced the same behavior? How can I transform the ratings from the old database to the new one? Because I will not rescan everything again, it just takes too long. Do I need to write some kind of script to transfer the ratings from the old database to the new one?
I have experienced exactly the same problem when updating from 12.3 to 13.1_beta1 on Windows 7, can't tell about ratings and playlists because I have iTunes as my main music player.
I experienced the same when upgrading from frodo to one of the early beta's. I just recreated the music library while keeping the video library. I haven't tested if the problem also occurs with the final Gotham version.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Maybe I can try exporting my old database to a single file and then import it into the new gotham database? I will make a copy of the gotham database and try this out...
I wrote a little python script for fixing my ratings in Gotham. Since the only common value for songs is the strMusicBrainzTrackID, I had to correct 32 songs manually, the rest was managed by MusicBrainz, so nearly 99% of all songs could be converted by the script.

I guess I'm ready now to update my Raspberry PI and use the new database. I have a shared MySQL database, so I tested Gotham on my laptop and had Frodo still running on the Raspberry.

I will backup everything before doing the update though, just in case :-)
WTF? Starting OpenELEC Gotham wants to rescan my music collection AGAIN... Why? Oh no I'm wasting yet another day... I already updated the database with my laptop, it is the same Gotham version, why does it do that?
And again: all paths gone, it finished scanning right now. I guess I will copy all paths from the old database to the new one, hopefully I do not need to rescan the library again... but why does this happen anyway, I already migrated the database with my laptop. It seems like every client has some kind of setting that asks the user to rescan the library. Because the database was fine before.
So when I upgrade the other clients, I will have to rescan everything again? Isn't there a trick to tell the client to shut up and don't bother with re-scanning the library?
I finally (at least I hope so) have updated my library.

I wrote a little script, nothing fancy and really not polished, but still useful if you want to transfer your ratings from the old to the new database.

MyMusic32.py: http://pastebin.com/ea7BKirf
MyMusic46.py: http://pastebin.com/Xb0c5M7w
fix_ratings.py: http://pastebin.com/SzsPdAgw

It uses Python3 and Peewee ORM...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Music Library from Frodo to Gotham doesn't work correctly0